Spam Service - Please make available by linking it to Core instead of Forums

The Old Man

Is there any decision yet on making IPS Spam Service available to customers who don't need Forums by making it a free service linked to Core instead of Forums?

I didn't renew Forums for of my sites because I just couldn't get anyone posting so keeping just Pages and Gallery going which are fine in this instance, but wasn't informed in the Client Centre that I would lose the anti-Spam Service if I deactivated Forums.

Was told in a support ticket that it would be brought up internally. It's supposed to be a benefit for licence holders but now it's all focuses around Core, it should be linked to Core and not reliant on any specific add-on app?

Many thanks.

• Management

It is now technically tied to the core -- you do not have to have the Forums app. The only requirement is your renewals meet or exceed $25 -- if you're renewing Pages and Gallery - you should meet that threshold. If spam isn't working, please reopen your ticket and ask for it to be escalated and we'll take a look. 

I'm sorry for the confusion - I'll make sure everyone internally is aware of this relatively new change. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived