server OVH and licence code

kkucharsky

Hello there,

I bought a server on OVH.pl 2 years ago and its localisation is in France. So far everything worked properly, but now my forum (invisionpowerboard) doesn't work. It doesn't accept my licence code. My website is www.sport.traderzy.pl. Do you have any ideas how to resolve this situation? Should I look for another server provder?

My server allow the software to make Outbound connections on Ports 80 and 443.
I checked my port and the service is enabled ports 80 and 443 for outgoing calls and connects to the server specified by the software forum.

Can you help me? How can I introduce licence code? This situation last 2 days and I lost my users... 

1.thumb.png.3015dfeebd3f0eb738bddc750bfe

I received a message: I would suggest you speak with your host at this point or find another hosting provider, we also offer hosting if you are interested in this, we also provide free server transfers to our hosting.

I need other solution, because I paid about 1,500$ for server for 2 years...

oh ic.  have you tried disabling firewall/iptables to see if its blocking communication to ips servers?

are you using network detection softwares that may block ips due to fault positive like mod_security or snort

@Charles would be nice to know if ips script is using http port to communicate with license server or using a different port

As mentioned in your ticket, this is an issue with your provider, they are aware of the issue as we have reached out to them to help resolve the issues.  We have offered a few suggestions to overcome their troubles, however the issue remains, and is out of our control in this case. 

4 minutes ago, maidos said:

it shouldnt be the host :S im using ovh aswell same hosting company as you. and my server can communicate with ips license server

my server from rbx

Before I was on the mutu. Now I switch to a cloud VPS in Graveline and I've no problem anymore. 

45 minutes ago, maidos said:

it shouldnt be the host :S im using ovh aswell same hosting company as you. and my server can communicate with ips license server

my server from rbx

They have many different networks, of course this doesn't affect them all, however for anyone with an issue with this on OVH, please contact them for assistance. 

7 minutes ago, Rhett said:

They have many different networks, of course this doesn't affect them all, however for anyone with an issue with this on OVH, please contact them for assistance. 

@Rhett likely your dc blacklisted his server ip due to him hosting virus sites. see my reply above urs

47 minutes ago, maidos said:

@Rhett likely your dc blacklisted his server ip due to him hosting virus sites. see my reply above urs

No that's not the case, I don't feel comfortable disclosing any further information publicly about another company,  as I mentioned if anyone on OVH has this issue, please contact them for support.  However we do know the exact issue, and have provided them with some ideas for a resolution. 

Thank you

If its a fully managed server or vps then they should refund you or sort the problem out and not mess you around (if its unmanaged then its hard to say as it could be yours or their problem, most likely theirs from what Rhett has said) 

If they know the problem (as IPS have pointed them to it) and still haven't a clue or mess you around you should be looking for your money back and moving to a decent host who runs a better ship so to speak

10 hours ago, kkucharsky said:

Hello there,

I bought a server on OVH.pl 2 years ago and its localisation is in France. So far everything worked properly, but now my forum (invisionpowerboard) doesn't work. It doesn't accept my licence code. My website is www.sport.traderzy.pl. Do you have any ideas how to resolve this situation? Should I look for another server provder?

Errr.. you say you bought a "server".  Do you mean you obtained shared hosting?

It's showing a LOT of domains (several hundred) verified in 2015 to that IP.  The only other thing I can think of is since OVH does some weird stuff with their IP address assignment it might be related.

I've been using an OVH VPS for several years now, never got this problem.

What do you use to manage the server? Plesk? cPanel? Check stuff in there.

Or just try adding a new ip to the server and switch your site to it temporarily for testing...

Archived