Profile Field Per User Group

• 2 months later...

@Adriano Faria There is a bug for me. I have "Company name" field named "Firma" and i can't set display to guest.

Allowed Groups - i checked only those who may have access to edit 

Visible  to - i checked all 

and guests can't see the field.. work only if i check Allowed Groups to all. 

Can you add "Guests" group ? because it's not on the list

test.thumb.png.54ca0869d2cab15e40777ec7cca20956.png

Edited by SeNioR-
  • 3 weeks later...

We've upgraded to v4.1.18.2 two weeks ago and today installed this great add-on, which works perfectly.

Before today we had First Name and Surname fields which were visible to new registrations. If they weren't properly filled in, then the registration was manually rejected.

Seems that First Name and Surname fields are no longer visible when registering.  Is there a way to re-instate this ?

Thanks

Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Isso acontece quando você ativa o novo recurso PREENCHIMENTO DO PERFIL (Profile Completion):

CNyC8hN.png

Até onde sei, se o PREENCHIIMENTO está ativo, todos aparecerão apenas lá.

Não tem nada a ver com meu plugin. Se estiver em dúvida, desabilite meu plugin e veja se o resultado é o mesmo.

EDIT:

Conferi o script aqui e essa opção só aparecerá se o REGISTRO RÁPIDO estiver desativado:

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->quick_register )
		{
			/* Quick register is enabled, so do not allow required to be set */
			if ( isset( $form->elements['']['pf_not_null'] ) )
			{
				unset( $form->elements['']['pf_not_null'] );
			}
		}
		else
		{
			/* Quick register is off, so show normal 'reg' field */
			$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\YesNo( 'pf_show_on_reg', $this->id ? $this->show_on_reg : TRUE, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'pf_show_on_reg' ) );
		}

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 7 months later...

I set up a profile field utilizing your Profile Field Per User Group plugin.  I only want those individuals in the members group to be able to fill out the field and all groups but guest to be able to view and search on the field.

If I login as someone who is a member of the Companies or Employees group I don’t see this field show up in my profile which is expected behavior.  I can also see the field for those individuals in the member group that has filled it out.

The problem arises when it comes to search.  As shown below I enabled search on this field.  The search field “Interested in” as shown below “only” appears if the person logged in is a member of the “Members” group:

If the person logged in is a member of the “Employees” or “Companies” group they don’t see the “Interested In” field as shown below:

Messaging Method shows up for individuals who are members of “Companies”, “Employees” and “Members” due to the fact I chose all three groups in the “Allowed Groups” setting for the “Messaging Method” Profile.

The Administrator Account can’t see either the “Messaging Method” or “Interested In” fields.

It appears that the “Allowed Group” Setting provides permission to see a profile field as well as being shown in the Member Search.  Your plugin should allow for the ability to pick and choose which group(s) can search on a profile field in “Member Search” as well as being able to limit visibility of the profile field itself by group.  Could you please look into how best to address this.

I set up a profile field utilizing your Profile Field Per User Group plugin.  I only want those individuals in the members group to be able to fill out the field and all groups but guest to be able to view and search on the field.

See Screenshot 1

If I login as someone who is a member of the Companies or Employees group I don’t see this field show up in my profile which is expected behavior.  I can also see the field for those individuals in the member group that has filled it out.

The problem arises when it comes to search.  As shown above I enabled search on this field.  The search field “Interested in” as shown below “only” appears if the person logged in is a member of the “Members” group:

See Screenshot 2

If the person logged in is a member of the “Employees” or “Companies” group they don’t see the “Interested In” field as shown below:

See Screenshot 3

Messaging Method shows up for individuals who are members of “Companies”, “Employees” and “Members” due to the fact I chose all three groups in the “Allowed Groups” setting for the “Messaging Method” Profile.

The Administrator Account can’t see either the “Messaging Method” or “Interested In” fields.

It appears that the “Allowed Group” Setting provides permission to see a profile field as well as being shown in the Member Search.  Your plugin should allow for the ability to pick and choose which group(s) can search on a profile field in “Member Search” as well as being able to limit visibility of the profile field itself by group.  Could you please look into how best to address this.

Screenshot !.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 3.jpg

Edited by Christopher Anderson
9 minutes ago, Christopher Anderson said:

It doesn’t cover search indeed. It restricts usage and viewing in profiles and post container only. 

I’ll take a look in a further version. 

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It doesn’t cover search indeed. It restricts usage and viewing in profiles and post container only. 

If your plugins impact core functionality while adding additional functionality please make a note in the product description.  This will help potential customers determine if the trade off is worth it as well as prevent them having to go down the path of discovery to learn about the altered behavior.  I spent several hours trying to make a case that something was amiss and documenting my findings for an issue you readily knew about which is frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, Christopher Anderson said:

If your plugins impact core functionality while adding additional functionality please make a note in the product description. 

It does. It has in file description and in first post of this topic: 

Users from groups that are not selected on field settings will not be able to view and fill the field on his profile.

The description says what the plugin does. If it doesn’t say search members, then it doesn’t cover search members. 

Adriano, your logic and writing may seem perfectly straight forward to you but may not be that way to one and all.  The fact I initially brought up the topic should have been an indication to you that your description may not have been as clear as you thought, and my followup comment highlighted the lack of clarity on your part could and did have adverse consequences.  Communication between one and more people often goes amiss, but, as long as no one takes it personally it seems to work out for most people. 

Edited by Christopher Anderson

Well, I think I should say in description what the plugin does and not what it does NOT do. It sounds pretty logical to me and to everybody else, I guess, as I don’t see any similar complaints of the others 52 purchasers of this resource of even in none of the others 123 resources I have.

Anyway, I really don’t want you to feel frustrated so I just filled a refund request to you and your money will come back as account credit to you. So please, just uninstall the plugin and move on.

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Took a look now. It works as expected:

- Field allowing a member to fill it but disallowing MEMBERS to view it:

1i66PV9.png

So this field doesn't appear as an option in the search field to a member of a not allowed group (VISIBLE TO permission):

mR5b5DP.png

It will appear for those who can view:

fn9hjDh.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Anderson said:

I disagree. Regardless you have enabled the search in a field, my plugin adds a new layer of permission to it. If a member cannot view, why would be allowed to search? To view something that he can't? No sense at all.

So yes, it is working as it designed/intended. There's nothing to do here and it is compatible with member's search.

Your plugin works as expected in the scenario you provided in your screenshots.  When you add additional groups to the mix it "seems" to complicate matters.  I ended my initial posting with the following:  " Could you please look into how best to address this.

I continue to think that there is something amiss and you would want to have an open dialogue to address my concerns.  Customers are often wrong (I may be too) but sometimes they just might see things you might overlook.  Maybe 51 out of 52 use cases your plugin works as you designed/intended and maybe one time it doesn't.  I was hopeful that the best way to address this issue would have been that you would be open to the possibility that I might be that one time and engage me in a dialog to determine if that might be the case and is there a ready work around.  

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

There's nothing to do here

But based on the quote above it appears you have decided to wash your hands of the matter.  Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...

2 fields are hidden on our forum - i.e. only staff can see it. Is it possible to keep it that way? 

• Visible to: choose which user groups you want their users to VIEW the field in profile/posts. Admins and the profile owner will be able to view all profile fields.

If profile owner would be able to see hidden fields, it would cause issues. Can you please confirm if that's the case? My use case is - 

I would like to have certain groups view some fields which only staff can see right now. Also is it possible to edit those fields by those groups?

Ex - Fields A, B and C are their in user profile. 

Field A is view-able by staff and admins and profile owner - and all can edit it.

Field B is view-able by staff and admins and only they can edit it. Not view-able by profile owner. 

Field C is view-able by guest, profile-owner, staff and admins. 

I would like to have something so that Field A and C can be edited and viewed by Group X. Field B should still remain as is. Also would like to have Group X to be able to edit Field A and Field C. 

Can you please confirm?