Today I noticed that one of the posts contained the following html code:

<div>
		<div style="margin-left:695px;margin-top:176px;">
			<div title="Protected by Grammarly">
				&nbsp;
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>

which shouldn't be possible because I have pasting formatted text and adding html code disabled.

Any ideas what this could be?

3 minutes ago, Kirill N said:

Hi everyone,

Today I noticed that one of the posts contained the following html code:

<div>
		<div style="margin-left:695px;margin-top:176px;">
			<div title="Protected by Grammarly">
				&nbsp;
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>

which shouldn't be possible because I have pasting formatted text and adding html code disabled.

Any ideas what this could be?

Post a link to the source of the formatted text - that will allow others to test it and then be able to provide '...ideas what this could be'

I know we can make this here on IPS4 with sigs. See the signature from @Kevin Carwile. I just copy and paste from any post of him.

CollabGroup Collaboration
Empower members, teams, clans, groups, clubs and more.
Downloads: Demo Version (free) - Full Version ($75)
RulesAutomation Rules
Make things happen on your site automatically through rules.
Downloads: Lite Version (free) - Full Version ($35)

It contains HTML (links, divs, etc.). Shouldn't be parsed. But it is...

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

And that post is the SOURCE of the text you posted to your site, yes?

I didn't post that on my site. The "grammarly" bit appears in a forum post that a user made. 

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Based on your other posts on here - that link above is your own site.

Again - post a link to the source of the text. Not the result of pasting, but the source of the copying (ie where did the formatted text come from?)

I'm sorry I'm not sure I'm following. What copying are you talking about? The "grammarly" bit appears in the one-sentence reply by a user (8th post in that topic).

Just now, Kirill N said:

I didn't post that on my site. The "grammarly" bit appears in a forum post that a user made. 

OK....then ask them where they copied the content and provide the link

Why?

Because then we can actually look at the source content and give a better idea of what might have happened than a simple guess based on not much at all.

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I know we can make this here on IPS4 with sigs. See the signature from @Kevin Carwile. I just copy and paste from any post of him.

CollabGroup Collaboration
Empower members, teams, clans, groups, clubs and more.
Downloads: Demo Version (free) - Full Version ($75)
RulesAutomation Rules
Make things happen on your site automatically through rules.
Downloads: Lite Version (free) - Full Version ($35)

It contains HTML (links, divs, etc.). Shouldn't be parsed. But it is...

I don't have signatures on my site, but either way this looks related, thanks. Was this ever reported as a bug?

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

OK....then ask them where they copied the content and provide the link

Why?

Because then we can actually look at the source content and give a better idea of what might have happened than a simple guess based on not much at all.

I'm sorry I'm not sure I'm following. What copying are you talking about? The "grammarly" bit appears in the one-sentence reply by a user (8th post in that topic).

3 minutes ago, Kirill N said:

I don't have signatures on my site, but either way this looks related, thanks. Was this ever reported as a bug?

•  

You are the one making the connection to 'pasting':

From your first post: "which shouldn't be possible because I have pasting formatted text and adding html code disabled."

So...yes or no....did they copy/paste content?

If yes - provide the link to the source of the content. If no, then the pasting formatted text option is a moot point.

You guys. This is not a bug.

Ckeditor is a WYSIWYG editor. It HAS to use html. That's how it works. It filters html... it doesn't remove it.

If all html was removed, you wouldn't be able to include images, formatting, paragraphs, code blocks, etc in your posts.

I think you misunderstand what HTML filtering is.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

You guys. This is not a bug.

Ckeditor is a WYSIWYG editor. It HAS to use html. That's how it works. It filters html... it doesn't remove it.

If all html was removed, you wouldn't be able to include images, formatting, paragraphs, code blocks, etc in your posts.

I think you misunderstand what HTML filtering is.

Does it mean that anybody can vandalise the page by posting something like <div style="width:10000000px; height: 100000000px"></div>? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Plus, I have "forcePasteAsPlainText" in my ckeditor config.js file. It should paste plain text, not formatted.

6 minutes ago, Kirill N said:

Does it mean that anybody can vandalise the page by posting something like <div style="width:10000000px; height: 100000000px"></div>? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Plus, I have "forcePasteAsPlainText" in my ckeditor config.js file. It should paste plain text, not formatted.

Again, I'm guessing the Grammarly browser plugin removes text and inserts that warning AFTER the ckeditor JavaScript has fired... but I could be wrong... the key would be to ask the user, or try to recreate, and see if the warning gets inserted visibly, right after pasting, or only after the data is posted back to the server...

2 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

Again, I'm guessing the Grammarly browser plugin removes text and inserts that warning AFTER the ckeditor JavaScript has fired... but I could be wrong... the key would be to ask the user, or try to recreate, and see if the warning gets inserted visibly, right after pasting, or only after the data is posted back to the server...

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

Thank you so much, I asked the user and they do have that plugin installed and all they did with that post is correct a grammar mistake with that plugin.

It definitely is a bug, either with IPS4 or the ckeditor.

Archived