Forum Email not working, users can't get password reset!

John_C

Ever since the upgrade to 4.1.3.2 my forum Email has stopped working. Problem is, most of my members are not able to login for whatever reason now, but one common reason is forgotten passwords. They are not getting the password reset.

O host with GoDaddy and did not have any issues until this upgrade. I tried everything I know to get it working, but no dice.

Any ideas how to fix this bug?

My Email has been down for 3 days now and been waiting on IPB tech for 2 days to respond to my support request.

14 hours ago, John_C said:

I have GoDaddy shared hosting. I'm a small forum, so I didn't need a dedicated host. Plus, I couldn't afford it if I did need it. I pay out of pocket for everything and don't use ads or vendor ads. 

i have the same problem!

I've created a ticket in support sections

Now are 5 days, no response from assistance.

I've IPS 4.1.3.2 with GoDaddy Host

Hosting shared, no problem before upgrade to IPS 4.1.3.2

No assistance....

2 hours ago, modman said:

i have the same problem!

No assistance....

I have a lot of bugs after the upgrade...

Do you have Tapatalk installed? It doesn't work on my board at all.

Vimeo and YouTube videos do not embed, they just show up as links.

Emoticons randomly show up as plain text.

Gallery pictures do not show up.

Etc...

Have been unable to get any tech support from IPB or Tapatalk in days! 

On 11/9/2015, 11:52:55, modman said:

i have the same problem!

No assistance....

I have no email since end of October either. Test email says sent successfully, but nothing happens. No problem before 4.1.X.X whatsoever.

I'm hosted with IPB I should say, and have now raised a ticket too as I was hoping this thread would have solved it without needing too as I have a ticket outstanding for image attachments on S3.

This update must be keeping the guys pretty busy..

Tech's last reply:

Hello,
The SMTP you currently have set up is very unlikely to work as you have no credentials set up. Setting up on SMTP is likely to require these.

With regards to PHPMail set up, you would need to contact your hosting company as you do no have the correct SPF records set up on your server, which will mean your emails will likely be blocked by the receiving servers.

Kind Regards,

I spent almost 2 hours with GoDaddy and we went through everything.

I have everything setup correctly on the host side. It is setup exactly the same as it was before the update and exactly the same as my other phpBB forum that is sending and receiving email.

I have also sent test emails through my admin email from the GoDaddy Workspace email and it sends and receives fine there.

This is frustrating to no end! I have members now for 7 days that can't login because of forgotten password or because we had to merge the login/display name and they can't contact me via the forum email system contact us, etc! If I could have sent a mass email, those who had display/login name changes would be OK. 

I'm seriously regretting doing this update. I'd rather stayed on v3.4.7 for the next 2 years than deal with all this BS.

i've resolved with GoDaddy Office 365 Email account

i've setted smtp method in Ip.Board

It takes 48h to change from domani email to Office 365 email

Now it seems to work correctly, it seems...

What i don't understand is why older imap, pop3 and smtp server are actives...

If i use older settings i can connect., i don't get error when receive and send email, bue nothing will be sent or received really.

If i use office 365 imap and smtp every works fine!

But this questioni i will resolve with GoDaddy support....

10 minutes ago, Mark H said:

@wohali

Yes, there was a patch released for this issue in version 3.4.

https://www.invisionpower.com/support/kb/_/34-emails-may-not-send-after-a-recent-php-upgrade-r78

and it's related to PHP as you noted.

Would I need to upload that file if I updated to php 5.5, and then went from v3.4.7 to v4.1.3.2 of IPB? 

Archived