Best Answer on Discussions Forum

Adriano Faria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 1:30 PM, Safety1st said:

@Adriano Faria How about to make an option to mark best answer in a topic without losing too much space on the left side? In other words I wonder to have a plugin where a post could be marked by clicking somewhere inside it and highlighted with the same way used by IPB for popular posts and the link to best answer is placed in the first post.

And when 'Groups allowed to set topics as Answered' set to 'All Groups' nobody could set best answer except for OP (if enabled). I would recommend enable rights to standard groups Moderators & Administrators by default.

On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 1:30 PM, Safety1st said:

@Adriano Faria How about to make an option to mark best answer in a topic without losing too much space on the left side? In other words I wonder to have a plugin where a post could be marked by clicking somewhere inside it and highlighted with the same way used by IPB for popular posts and the link to best answer is placed in the first post.

And when 'Groups allowed to set topics as Answered' set to 'All Groups' nobody could set best answer except for OP (if enabled). I would recommend enable rights to standard groups Moderators & Administrators by default.

@Adriano Faria There is still a bug with old topics imported from IPB 3.4.x. On the topic list, the topic is marked as solved and the badge even points to the correct post that was marked as best answer in the past, but inside the topic, the post is not highlighted.

See below.

The badge points correctly to: http://forum.clubedohardware.com.br/topic/1096071-google-chrome-com-ícone-estranho/?do=findComment&comment=6009780

bug-best-answer.png

bug-best-answer2.png

6 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

There is still a bug with old topics imported from IPB 3.4.x. On the topic list, the topic is marked as solved and the badge even points to the correct post that was marked as best answer in the past, but inside the topic, the post is not highlighted.

It may not be much help to say it, but I have just tried this on my upgraded board and it seems to be working fine.  Are you finding the problem in all topics and forums or just some?

Just now, Edward Shephard said:

What I didn't expect with this is that when I installed it all of the old V3 'best answers' reappeared, so although V4 doest have the functionality the upgrader clearly isn't removing the old data flags.

It is a column of forums_topics table. This plugin doesn't has a UPGRADE routine. It it's there, will show. If it's not, then don't.

Archived