Questionable again IPB - Expired license - remove upgrade banner

DesignzShop

• Management

Are you referring to the notice about security updates? Yes there is no way to dismiss that automatically. You could be editing the theme of course but it is of course not wise to bury your head in the sand when it comes to security updates.

4 minutes ago, Charles said:

Are you referring to the notice about security updates? Yes there is no way to dismiss that automatically. You could be editing the theme of course but it is of course not wise to bury your head in the sand when it comes to security updates.

Yes, that is what I was referring too. The update nag banner doesn't help a person with a expired license. I have more than 1 license. Maybe I do not want to renew the additional license right now...  Back to this again.... sigh... not good ethics in not being able to remove it except for it will force people to renew..

• Management

I know as an end-user on various communities, I have a reasonable belief that a site I belong to is taking appropriate steps to safeguard my information and contributions. Sure, things happen and we all know that... but if I, as a user, was aware that you, as an admin, were literally going out of your way to ignore critical notices from the software manufacturer because the warning annoyed you or you didn't feel like maintaining the software -- I'd be less than thrilled. 

Thank you for the feedback. In this case, we're not interested in making changes to the critical notice system or entertaining further discussion on making it dismissible outside of updating. 

Archived