Group Collaboration Badges

wohali

This is the support topic for Group Collaboration Badges.

This application extends Kevin Carwile's Group Collaboration application, adding per-collab, per-role badges.

These badges display in the user panel next to every forum post/reply. Per-role badges are managed in the Group Collaboration > Collab Management > Manage Roles panel.

Settings are provided for maximum badge width/height, maximum memberships to display and maximum number of roles per collab to display.

Documentation

To install:

1. Kevin Carwile's Group Collaboration MUST be installed and enabled first!!
  2. Open your Admin Control Panel (http://www.your.site/admin)
  3. Go to System > Applications
  4. Click on "Install"
  5. Click on "Choose file" or "Browse..." (depending on web browser)
  6. Select collabbadges.tar from this archive
  7. Click Install
  8. Follow any additional instructions displayed.

To configure:

1. Open your Admin Control Panel (http://www.your.site/admin)
  2. Go to Community > Collaboration Badges > Settings
  3. Alter any settings here that you wish.
  4. From the site itself, visit any collab's Collab Management > Manage Roles.
  5. Edit any role.
  6. There is a new Badge tab. Use this to upload the role's badge.
  7. Only roles with badges will be displayed.
  8. Change role display priority by dragging roles up and down in Manage Roles.

• 5 months later...

Not in the original release.

Do you want only the badge for Collab A to appear while in Collab A, but none of the other Collab badges (B, C, D)?

Or do you just want no collab badges to appear in the regular area, but all of the badges to appear when inside of any collab?

14 hours ago, wohali said:

Do you want only the badge for Collab A to appear while in Collab A, but none of the other Collab badges (B, C, D)?

This would be ideal. ^_^ 

However, 

14 hours ago, wohali said:

Or do you just want no collab badges to appear in the regular area, but all of the badges to appear when inside of any collab?

This would be acceptable.

As requested, v1.0.1 has been uploaded. The only change is a new AdminCP toggle setting that restricts the badges displayed to those of the current collab only.

You can still display multiple role badges within a collab if you increase the Max Roles per Membership to display higher than 1.

1 hour ago, wohali said:

As requested, v1.0.1 has been uploaded. The only change is a new AdminCP toggle setting that restricts the badges displayed to those of the current collab only.

You can still display multiple role badges within a collab if you increase the Max Roles per Membership to display higher than 1.

Perfect!

• 3 months later...

First off, awesome plugin. Here is what I am looking for. So right now I run a gaming community that also has "mini clans" within it using the collaborations system. So as you may know I have community wide ranks such as Admin, and then ranks within the collabs. Right now I want the collab ranks to display the rank/role image under the title, but it is being displayed at the bottom of the postcontainer. Is there anyway I can choose where to put the role images?

08-13-9R0kl5.png

As you can see it is under the steam widget, can I get it moved to under "captain"? above my avatar?

Hi RDxZen, thanks for purchasing and supporting my little plugin! So glad you like it.

The collab badges plugin displays the badges prior to the

'article[itemtype=\'http://schema.org/Answer\'] > aside.ipsComment_author.cAuthorPane.ipsColumn.ipsColumn_medium > ul.cAuthorPane_info.ipsList_reset

element in the HTML template. It is set to add to the inside of that element, at the end of the element. If you want to change the element in which this is displayed, you'll need to either customize the theme to change where that element presents (using standard theme editing tools), or you'll have to edit the file

./applications/collabbadges/hooks/badgedisplay.php

and change the element selector to something else recognizable in the HTML.

If you are able to put your site into developer mode, this is easier by going to the ACP and selecting:

System > Applications > Collaboration Badges > Developer Center > Hooks > badgeDisplay.php > pencil icon to edit > postContainer > article[... tab > CSS Selector > Select Element...

You'll then need to compile the application using

System > Application > Collaboration Badges > Developer : Build Application (XML, etc)

and you might want to download it to use for the future. It should only be changing the badgedisplay.php file -- you should be able to just copy the new file over onto any new site and have it work, but I can't promise that will work as I've not tested it.

Good luck and let me know how it all works out!

Also, you should be able to change the order of display somewhat by changing the order of the applications in the Applications page in the ACP. Try dragging the badges higher in the list - it may, for instance, display about the Steam plugin that way at least.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived