IPS 4.1Nested Quotes

Greg W

• Management

The nested quotes have been problematic right back to the 3.x days.

In 4.0, there was the option to allow them, but there were various problems with them. We had a lot of bug reports saying that they weren't working right, leading to blank posts and sometimes broken posts.

We looked at various options but they never fully solved the problem.

In 4.1, we have removed that option. Now when you quote a post that contains a quote, that quote is removed. However, you can still manually nest quotes if you were so inclined.

Sometimes we have to make a decision to ensure the product's stability and we never want to leave a feature in that we know does not work correctly and causes you and your members problems.

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2015 at 10:34 AM, Matt said:

The nested quotes have been problematic right back to the 3.x days.

In 4.0, there was the option to allow them, but there were various problems with them. We had a lot of bug reports saying that they weren't working right, leading to blank posts and sometimes broken posts.

We looked at various options but they never fully solved the problem.

In 4.1, we have removed that option. Now when you quote a post that contains a quote, that quote is removed. However, you can still manually nest quotes if you were so inclined.

Sometimes we have to make a decision to ensure the product's stability and we never want to leave a feature in that we know does not work correctly and causes you and your members problems.

Sorry to dig up an old post here @Matt but is there a way i can manually add this ability back? I never suffered from any bugs or problems, if you are unable to provide a solution would you be able to point me in the right direction to do this so i can attempt to play around with this.

Archived