Community

IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter

Single Sign On Bridge for WordPress and IPB 4

Shame this wont work for me to have data from forum 1 to forum 2... this will mess up our targeted newsletters

I dont mind wordpress getting them all but not forums sharing data.

On 18/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:

I want to give some awareness to specific benefits of IPBWI 4 compared to IPBWI 3:

Hi, 

Does your bridge work with Wishlist Member?  

I use WLM on Wordpress to generate a user specific RSS feed for podcasts (premium episodes for member only access, it allows members to subscribe to their own RSS feed)

Would it be possible to have the following workflow.

1. User on forums signs up for a premium membership in commerce and is moved into a premium members group.

2. On the linked wordpress site that member is also moved into a premium user group and given access to the premium RSS feed generated by Wishlist Member.

3. if a membership expires then they are demoted on both sites.  

Thanks
Ben 

Additionally, does this work with IPS Cloud hosting? 

Hi Ben,

while IPBWI for WordPress v4 is compatible with most scenarios, it will need to get an extra extension to hook into usergroup-changes initiated by third-party-plugins like Wishlist Member. I've made something similar for DigiMember for a customer. You can build such an extension by your own or hire me doing that.

IPS cloud hosting is fully supported.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Edited by IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter

With all due respect, I visited your Website and it did not fill me with confidence. As an example, it is now February 12 and your site says you will be on vacation until January 17th.  And the overall look and navigation of the site gives the impression of, well, not uh....good.

I'm very interested in your plugin, but at this point it seems like I'd be buying a cat in a bag, with a steep "sign-up" fee, and it sounds like I'd basically be helping you beta test?

2 hours ago, kbandrews said:

With all due respect, I visited your Website and it did not fill me with confidence. As an example, it is now February 12 and your site says you will be on vacation until January 17th.  And the overall look and navigation of the site gives the impression of, well, not uh....good.

I'm very interested in your plugin, but at this point it seems like I'd be buying a cat in a bag, with a steep "sign-up" fee, and it sounds like I'd basically be helping you beta test?

I don't think that is really a way to judge the programming of the script.  I can tell you first hand that it works as advertised and the support is solid.  Is it more expensive than many, sure, but as I have said in past replies, please go talk to a few developers ( i did ), and find out what the average cost of this type of SSO would be on Upwork or Codeable, etc. I am sure it will easily pass that amount.  It is done and can be active on your site in the ext 10 minutes if you really needed it bad.  That is all I have to say.  Do I love that website, no, it's not the best, but I only really visited it once.  There is no need to.  You buy it here, download it, install it, set it up.  Done..  Once its configured, you are done.

Edited by JEFF MACK

For some reason my IPS continues to redirect during a login or logout to do IPSConnect. Though I've uninstalled and reinstalled IPBWI, removed the config.php for IPBWI details, removed the IPSConnect MYSQL database table entries.

However, if I login or logout it still goes to something that doesn't exist. Any ideas of what was changed?

4 minutes ago, IndieIndeed said:

For some reason my IPS continues to redirect during a login or logout to do IPSConnect. Though I've uninstalled and reinstalled IPBWI, removed the config.php for IPBWI details, removed the IPSConnect MYSQL database table entries.

However, if I login or logout it still goes to something that doesn't exist. Any ideas of what was changed?

That includes the _slaves table?

4 minutes ago, IndieIndeed said:

Did you checked the entries of table ibf_core_ipsconnect_slaves https://straightvisions.com/community/topic/26024-moving-to-a-new-domain-address/

Forgot to mention I'm using API, not Wordpress. I initially attempted to enable the IPSConnect stuff because I thought I needed it for the login api.

I did clear core_ipsconnect_queue and *_slave but it does the same thing. Included in that I did clear all of the /datastore/ items except for the theme items.

Just now, IndieIndeed said:

Forgot to mention I'm using API, not Wordpress. I initially attempted to enable the IPSConnect stuff because I thought I needed it for the login api.

I did clear core_ipsconnect_queue and *_slave but it does the same thing. Included in that I did clear all of the /datastore/ items except for the theme items.

Can you try to set value of field connect_slaves in table ibf_core_sys_conf_settings to 0?

1 minute ago, IndieIndeed said:

Doing that has made the logout work again- however, the login still does it.

I might just reinstall when I get back home again later.

At least, we've solved 50% of your issue yet :)

Of course, as reinstall will solve your issue instantly, but won't help us to find a way in a non lethal solution for a board installation ;)

If you are able to invest some extra time to

1) Go to IPS ACP -> System -> Support -> Something isn't working correctly -> continue and try login again

2) If that doesn't work, please try to delete your browser cache to avoid any saved 301 redirects from IPS connect (I've already reported that 302 redirects would be better in IPS connect, but don't know whether IPS has applied that yet).

Big thanks for your effort yet!

On 11/18/2016 at 6:55 AM, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:
On 7/17/2016 at 11:58 AM, BostonBob said:

The reality is that I'll never achieve perfect results -- I just do my best.

Just to make it clear: you've made such a wonderful job with your theme and optimization of your IPS suite and I don't know a way right now to further improve that without breaking update compatibility, but I see there is a lot improvements required from IPS or by an application if possible, to allow maximizing Google pagespeed score. As this totally affects the search engine ranking, I see a high need for that and I hope I'll get time in future to solve this via update-save application or theme or both.

On 7/17/2016 at 9:36 PM, Max said:

Can this plugin be used to pull posts from an existing forum thread and display them at the bottom of a WordPress post? If the user is logged into the forums they can post. Otherwise they just see the posts like a guest.  

Looking for something like that, even if it only fetches 10 or 20 posts. And has a link that just opens the forum thread. Trying to increase the engagement rate a bit through the blog to the forums.

This was a feature in IPBWI for WordPress v3 and I plan to re-develop and release that as extension for v4 this Fall or Winter.

On 9/24/2016 at 1:13 PM, Omri Amos said:

Any updates with this regarding Wordpress-IPS posts and comments sync? (so new WP posts will create new IPS topics, and the comments/replies will be synced between the two platforms)

Thanks

On 9/24/2016 at 2:09 PM, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:

That feature is planned as addon in 2016, but I cannot give an ETA for that.

Any update on these features? If not, any exciting new thing with IPB and WP that you're working on?

3 minutes ago, theblackelk said:

Any update on these features? If not, any exciting new thing with IPB and WP that you're working on?

unfortunately, no progress here. I'm currently focused on paid orders which extend the IPBWI API (e.g. hooks, reputation system), so priorities have changed. IPS posts as WP comments feature has still top priority of non-ordered features.

1 minute ago, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:

unfortunately, no progress here. I'm currently focused on paid orders which extend the IPBWI API (e.g. hooks, reputation system), so priorities have changed. IPS posts as WP comments feature has still top priority of non-ordered features.

Disappointing, but totally understandable. Will these new features roll into the existing IPBWI offerings or be exclusive to the project initiator?

4 minutes ago, theblackelk said:

Disappointing, but totally understandable. Will these new features roll into the existing IPBWI offerings or be exclusive to the project initiator?

thank you for understanding my situation :)

Hooks feature was already part of last IPBWI API release (IPBWI API is also part of IPBWI for WordPress). Reputation system will be part of next release of API (and therefor refreshed IPBWI for WordPress release including new API version).

IPS posts as WP comments feature will be released as addon for IPBWI for WordPress

Just as a quick tidbit of info. For some reason my previous issue was making the two factor authentication not appear (it would just go back to the offline page). I tried to do things to figure out why but ultimately it seemed to fix after potentially switching the theme to default, logging in and out, then switching it back. May not be true but my assumption is because the board is in offline mode and I wasn't deleting the /datastore/ theme files causing it to probably not update somewhere.

Since I assume this ->

While your community is offline, background maintenance tasks will not be able to run as frequently. If your community is going to be offline for a long period of time, you can configure tasks to run by another method.

Could cause that.

Just to let you know so that maybe it's a possible troubleshoot for something you run into in the future. Everything works now though.

Edited by IndieIndeed