Community

IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter

Single Sign On Bridge for WordPress and IPB 4

cover-3.png.b66d55d6dcbeac8cabb416280645

Many have asked me to continue developing and bringing the major update of IPBWI-API and IPBWI for WordPress to support IPB 4. It's now your chance in supporting me. I've started a crowdfunding campaign, so you are invited to pledge, but even your feedback, suggestions or questions are welcome. I'll monitor this topic and will answer asap. Thank you for your support and cross your fingers for reaching the funding goal. :) 

Crowdfunding Site

Website

Facebook

Twitter

There is just the third pledge arrived and I feel the social marketing is growing and growing :) I really appreciate the discussions about the software I offer and if you want to join the current discussion about IP.pages vs WordPress, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/IPBWI/photos/a.1215945578421111.1073741825.330108103671534/1215945368421132/?type=3

I understand that's it's just a crowdfunding project and i don't want to sound as if i'm complaining, but 99 € for 1 year of a SSO that could possibly not even get content creation API IMHO is a bit too much. I would gladly become a backer with a lower price or the guarantee that the plugin will be much more than a "simple" SSO.

17 hours ago, golgoth said:

but 99 € for 1 year of a SSO that could possibly not even get content creation API IMHO is a bit too much. I would gladly become a backer with a lower price or the guarantee that the plugin will be much more than a "simple" SSO.

including 1 year of updates, but unlimited time of use. You are able to use the plugin lifetime without need to update. If pledge goals are achieved, these will be included within the first year, sheduled for release date in fabruary. If not, I may develop them and other features later.

1 hour ago, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:

If pledge goals are achieved, these will be included within the first year, sheduled for release date in fabruary. If not, I may develop them and other features later.

The second "if" is what scares me :)

I would be willing to pay 99 € for a good IPB/Wordpress integration, but paying that sum for a simple SSO (which, IMO, is quite useless without other functions) is way too much.

Anyway, good luck with your crowdfuding, I hope you'll demonstrate that i'm wrong :)

See the current featureset of IPBWI for WordPress 3 and you'll see my targets for IPBWI for WordPress 4. Of course, you can wait, but keep in mind, that once released, the price tag is 179 EUR. If everyone waits, until the perfect feature set is developed (and I don't blame anyone for doing that), it will take longer and be more expensive.

I know IPBWI for Wordpress 3 quite well, though i'm using the free IPS Connect plugin.

What i'm saying is that the "perfect feature set", as you call it, is just a stretch goal in your actual campaign (and the last one, actually), so i'd rather take the risk of paying more in the future than spending 99 € now for a product that could be - for me - totally useless without content creation.

14 days left and still 5% reached yet. Just want to inform, that I'm currently in discussion with a Major Sponsor for IPBWI API. This would allow me to implement content creation API (topic creation, post creation, topic info, post list) from the start of the IPBWI v4 release. Nevertheless, please note, that my prices for release will depend on success of this crowdfunding project. If I see a too small market for that software, I'll be required to increase prices to make sure my invest makes any profit. I do not consider making any compromise in quality of my software, so reducing effort is not an option.

Looking forward to hear more feedback. If you spread the word, this would help getting enough awareness :)

Still too many uncertainties, and i price that for me is too high (that's why in the end i chose WP IPS Connect).

I'll keep an eye on your progress though, it could be my only choice if there won't be any other bridges in a year :)

Seems Crowdfunding will not be successful, but don't hesitate: As promised, I'll develop the bridge even without crowdfunding help. As all pledgers will get their money refunded by Indiegogo if the campaign fails, I want to support those, who are supporting the project: All pledgers will get a coupon with a discount on retail price to allow them purchasing the software for the same price as in campaign. Again, thanks for your support :)

On 30.11.2015 at 0:34 PM, IPBWI.com Matthias Reuter said:

Seems Crowdfunding will not be successful, but don't hesitate: As promised, I'll develop the bridge even without crowdfunding help. As all pledgers will get their money refunded by Indiegogo if the campaign fails, I want to support those, who are supporting the project: All pledgers will get a coupon with a discount on retail price to allow them purchasing the software for the same price as in campaign. Again, thanks for your support :)

Hello, how it's going? Is it possible to get a brige between IPB4 and Word Press portal or IPB4 and Joomla?

Thanks to the new Sponsor of IPBWI-API, the IPBWI API v4 has been released in a very early stage now on 

This is great for those PHP developers out there: Build you own PHP applications connected to IP.board. Expect massive feature updates within next two months. While IPBWI for WordPress is still planned, without a sponsor here yet I cannot announce an ETA yet, but I'm still on discussions with possible sponsors.

4 hours ago, Vianney Gantelmi said:

Can't wait a more "non-developer-friendly" version of that plugin ! ^_^

Good chances this will speed up, I've made good progress with possible sponsors to achieve a release before summer *fingers crossed* ^_^

To be honest, IPBWI for WordPress 4 license will cost far more than IP.board itself. It's just because the market is too small for the effort I'll invest. But it will work such flawless, you'll just love it. I am so excited that I am able to continue developing the new version of my baby :D