Menu Manager 4.1.1, definitely needs more work.

CA3LE

26 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

That's all well and good but if you create a new drop down menu, it shouldn't create sub category menu items it should just be a drop down menu. Nothing less and nothing more.

To me, it  certainly appears to be a bug, which I will raise in the bug tracker.

I think that Menu Manager works perfectly.
Here now I created a 'menu 1' of mainly,  'menu 2' drop-down menu and 'test' menu custom link - I have no problem.

menu_test.png.b9ecfa14f0d06580eaa8094823

8 hours ago, Adlago said:

I think that Menu Manager works perfectly.
Here now I created a 'menu 1' of mainly,  'menu 2' drop-down menu and 'test' menu custom link - I have no problem.

menu_test.png.b9ecfa14f0d06580eaa8094823

Make menu 1 the drop down, see if you have any issues (not activity streams but pages, links).

25 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

Make menu 1 the drop down, see if you have any issues (not activity streams but pages, links).

When the main menu and a drop-down menu becomes logical duplication. Probably bug.
I think that the drop-down menu should not used as a main menu

When you think about it logically, having a drop down as secondary menu doesn't make sense. For instance our help menu button, had 3 options - Bugs & Ideas, Membertitle explanation - no other menu has secondary options or drop down (apart from activity now). Our contact us has 4 options bugs & ideas, membertitles, staff, member ranks. Using the secondary menu is fine but it should only when and if required not when creating a drop down that then adds secondary menu items by itself.

Archived