Menu Manager 4.1.1, definitely needs more work.

CA3LE

First, I want to be clear that I'm loving IPS 4.1.  My site has a much better feel all around since moving up from 4.0.  Overall, very impressive release.  I really like the selective quoting and format removal option on paste.  Very cool.  Seems smoother and faster as well.

I can't get custom links to save in the menu manager.  The save button won't work.  Activity streams and drop down menus save just fine.  I've tested in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.  Cleared cache, just in case.

I've also seen it on multiple occasions create a bunch of menu items on it's own that I then have to delete.  This screenshot is after deleting 3-4 already.

5633a3a3b3b95_ScreenShot2015-10-30at11.0

In Chrome you can't arrange the menu items.  I had to go over to Safari to do that.  Arranged fine in Safari.

So, the menu manager might as well not even be there.  What a tease.  You can only rearrange the icons or create activity streams that are already created.  Can't wait to actually be able to use that to include my own custom items.

19 hours ago, Adlago said:

Upgrade to 4.1.2 and drink  beer merrily:thumbsup:

Fixed.  I actually am having a beer right now too.  

Btw, 4.1.2 wasn't out when I posted this.  It must have been release around the same time as my post.  Thanks IPS!  You rock.

well before I nip out the off license for a bottle of wine ....   I added a custom link and added it underneath the browse drop down menu but it is in place as a main menu link on the bar ... (hope that makes sense)   :cry:...

what have I done wrong as all seems well for me as far as saving it in menu manager except its not in the correct place

4.1.2 btw

9 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

well before I nip out the off license for a bottle of wine ....   I added a custom link and added it underneath the browse drop down menu but it is in place as a main menu link on the bar ... (hope that makes sense)   :cry:...

what have I done wrong as all seems well for me as far as saving it in menu manager except its not in the correct place

4.1.2 btw

Reload Menu Manager and move - so you become as you want

35 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I'm having problems where top level menus are also doing drop menus of the same links. I deleted one and it deleted the entire menu. >_< But I'm living with the both for now. >_> I think it's something with the way they were before the upgrade on Pages.

4.1.x In some templates have changed. APP Pages is no longer menu. Now only Menu Manager.

Maybe editing theme?

1 minute ago, Adlago said:

@MorriganChange the setting of the DF services -> Drop-down Menu -> Custom link (example: http://yoursait/forums/)

I can't. It only gives me other options which also don't work (Activity stream, page, or custom link) but it shouldn't have duplicated the sub menu items to a drop down. Here on IPB it allows the "Browse" and "Activity" sections to have it without having an actual drop down.

Now that I look at it they are all custom links which makes it still not very optimal and it shouldn't have duplicated (which I think is a bug considering). I don't think I should be required to have either. I can fix it through making them all custom links though. Question is, what to make them custom links to (the top level doesn't have a custom link) that I can immediately attach to it.

4 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

I have and I have used custom, drop downs but it's definitely not working (for me).

All options create horizontal sub menu. Only Drop-down creates a vertical direction. 4.1.x menu is very dynamic and has more game with it - to feel its effects.

4 minutes ago, Adlago said:

All options create horizontal sub menu. Only Drop-down creates a vertical direction. 4.1.x menu is very dynamic and has more game with it - to feel its effects.

My activity stream (standard) doesn't

fd8e930769690d1a543bfc5684406140.png

2ae4e040f8d14aa1489e2a275d53ef5f.png

As you can see, only vertical drop down, no horizontal menu, so it is possible to create just a drop down with no horizontal option.

4 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

My activity stream (standard) doesn't

789dd438e86e0d709e177a0f43b94123.png2ae4e040f8d14aa1489e2a275d53ef5f.png

As you can see, only vertical drop down, no horizontal menu, so it is possible to create just a drop down with no horizontal option.

My Activity Streams is child "Activity Stream item"

Activity Stream item option create horizontal menu.

Archived