Please add a rotate pic option

Square Wheels

• Management

Thank you @PacmanDo for submitting a ticket on this today. As it turns out the reason this was failing is the PHP EXIF module was not installed. This module is what we use to read the data in images which indicates the orientation. Without that module IPS Community Suite cannot tell how an image should be shown so it simply uploads it as a default layout.

To see if you have the PHP EXIF module installed, go to AdminCP -> Support -> PHP Info (small link under PHP Version on right column). Then search for "exif" in your browser and you should see it referenced as "EXIF Support enabled" on the page.

If you do not have that installed please ask your web host to install it.

If you do have PHP EXIF enabled and are still having issues with images not rotating, please submit a ticket as we can assist.

We will update IPS Community Suite to detect if this module and others we recommend but do not require are missing and give you information on what that means and what to do.

Thanks again for submitting that ticket, @PacmanDo, I am happy we were able to look into it for you.

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Genestoy said:

Hate to bring up this issue again but my members are still having issues with uploading pics from their iphones and ipads being rotated. Yes I have the exif data strip enabled and yes my server has the php exif module enabled. So what now?

Thanks

This topic is in the feature request section.  If you need technical support, its best to post it in the correct forum so the staff actually see it in a timely manner.  🙂

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/497-help-support/