4.1 Beta to 4.1 Full Question

ucjohn

If I install 4.1 on my website when the full version of 4.1 releases reinstall the entire stuff all over again? I'm hindering on leaving it at 4.0 or just going to 4.1.. I know they add a disclaimer on there site when downloading beta to discourage it.. I just looking for a solid answer I've heard you can by certain people and some people say no... sorry..

This is a pre-release version which is not ready for use on a live site. Only continue if you are happy to participate in testing pre-release software, and do not attempt to install it on a live site. It will NOT BE POSSIBLE to upgrade between this release and the final version. Technical support is not available for pre-release versions.

I guess its intended so if there are issues Support does not have to be involved with trying to fix broken updates from Beta to 'Final'

Those with a bit of know-how and do not mind 'getting involved' would likely be able to do it anyway.

FWIW: I upgraded a test board from 4.0.x to the 4.1.beta and have kept updating it to each new beta, I'll also update it to 'Final' and that way if there are any issues it can be worked through on a test site first.

3 minutes ago, AndyF said:

I'd be doing mine anyway but as I say I'd do it on a localhost test first, fix any issues then do the live one so I was prepared.

As I put it is so support does not have tickets from those using an unsupported beta release that's all.

It should work in my opinion.

And you will risk your live site with it? 

And if it's not possible to update to final? IPS already said it will not support it, so you will be in your own in that case. Unless IPS is in good mood and decide to help you, you will be doomed, but for god sake, wait for the final. Never run betas in a live site.

Archived