What a Horrible Company You Have Become

Winning

19 minutes ago, AndyF said:

It would be best to open a ticket to Customer Service I feel as Lindy suggested, then you can discuss the issues:

Having had several years on 'both sides of the fence' here, I can tell you that staff / management at IPS will listen and try to accommodate you where possible. I guess what I'm saying here is if you're unhappy with the topic responses then a ticket to Customer Service is the best way for you to move forward with this.

Andy, I truly appreciate your response, but we're looking into moving to another company that offers the type of support and reliability I expect from a cloud product and am willing to pay for, we can't keep wasting time/money with this company, there are other issues we've had as well but have not even attempted to fix due to the poor support model because it's easier to leave them broken then deal with it.  We just want a reliable forum that works and support we can reach when issues can't be resolved via forum or email.

Sorry to see this has devolved into the subject of pirated software.

2 minutes ago, Morpheusxeno said:

Totally agree hence why I purchased it, But I am not happy with the fact I have to display "faeces" on my website that I dont want. That I wasnt told I would have to display.

Did you bother to read the terms as pointed out above by @Makoto? Even if you didn't, any intelligent life form would consider a copyright as a legit and acceptable practice.

Any luck finding a new company yet? No seriously, I don't understand why you keep coming back to this. Enough has been said, I don't think you'll get anything out of this, if that's what you are trying to accomplish.

Happy customers are happy, and pissed ones are pissed, most of the users here probably experienced the support team before, so I'd guess they have their own opinion.

10 minutes ago, Winning said:

Andy, I truly appreciate your response, but we're looking into moving to another company that offers the type of support and reliability I expect from a cloud product and am willing to pay for, we can't keep wasting time/money with this company, there are other issues we've had as well but have not even attempted to fix due to the poor support model because it's easier to leave them broken then deal with it.  We just want a reliable forum that works and support we can reach when issues can't be resolved via forum or email.

Sorry to see this has devolved into the subject of pirated software.

You're welcome. I can only post things as I see them, I just try to offer a balanced input I guess. Please bear in mind that I'm not part of IPS anymore I'm a client the same as you.

Yes, I agree the comments regarding pirated software are not really part and parcel of this topic.

I would still strongly suggest again to try a Customer Service ticket to just see however. I think this is worth a moment of your time. :)

As I mentioned way back in the topic IPS did try forum support for a time, this was in addition to the Client Area (I think this was the 3.0.x days I can't remember exactly) but the nature of the topics and issues posted meant it did not seem practical (A staff member may be able to clarify this) as some issues do require ACP and FTP access sometimes, and providing those via PM is not ideal, hence the Client Area for 'Official' support and the forums for 'peer to peer' support.

There are a lot of talented people here who can help with issues that do not require access via the support forums though. Also bear in mind a lot of clients never ever visit the forums here, they simply head straight to the Client Area if they need anything.

If you do decide to leave here I would just like to wish you and your community well in the future.

4 minutes ago, Morpheusxeno said:

Done trying, Trying to make any valid attempt at making a simple statement here that you can all understand is impossible.

All your heads are too far up your asses.

Trying to make a valid argument for piracy is not exactly anything new here. So don't get upset when people won't agree with you.

Judgement Contest -

Seems as though you are the one judging now my friend.... Maybe it is time to have a look in your own mirror.

1 minute ago, Woodsman said:

Trying to make a valid argument for piracy is not exactly anything new here. So don't get upset when people won't agree with you.

Judgement Contest -

Seems as though you are the one judging now my friend.... Maybe it is time to have a look in your own mirror.

What the is wrong with you. I am not making a valid argument for piracy. I am simply stating the fact that if we are gonna dump a boat load of money into one of the most expensive forum boards on the web. We should get a little flexibility.

1 hour ago, Winning said:

Lindy, do you mind if I use your posts here in an industry trade article as an example of how to never respond to an angry frustrated customer?

As a new customer well one that's just come back his response has actually reinforced my decision that it would be a good move. It's refreshing to see a company that says things as they are rather than insincerely pandering to customers.

7 minutes ago, Morpheusxeno said:

What the is wrong with you. I am not making a valid argument for piracy. I am simply stating the fact that if we are gonna dump a boat load of money into one of the most expensive forum boards on the web. We should get a little flexibility.

No?

35 minutes ago, Morpheusxeno said:

There are easier places to get Invision Powerboard And the people who release these "hacked versions" Have updates more often and fixes more often that legit IP.Board does.

I rest my case.

(I guess you didn't edit it in time)

• Management
1 hour ago, Winning said:

Lindy, do you mind if I use your posts here in an industry trade article as an example of how to never respond to an angry frustrated customer?  As for your continued fixation on the fact that I have not submitted another ticket, no I haven't.

Despite your fixation on the number of tickets we've submitted and that fact that you think there has only been "one issue with delays", perhaps I'm using many factors to judge your support.  Questions:

1. When you lost data on your customers forums, did you send out any type of proactive message to them telling them you had lost some of their data and apologizing?  Or did you just do nothing and hope they wouldn't notice?  You don't need to answer ;).
  2. Have you sent out any explanations to your customers of what happened, why it happened, and what you've learned from the experience to implement new processes to stop it from happening again?  You don't need to answer ;).

You see the Lindy, your determination to defend and minimize things causes tunnel vision which stops you from seeing the bigger picture of why someone who knows what good support means might find your responses so amazingly unacceptable. 

And those are only two examples, I could write plenty more.

Winning - I'm ok with that, provided you include the the full background. There's no fixation on the number of requests you've submitted, it's simply an important detail to share when you're frustrated over "<insert defamatory verbiage here>" support when you actually have very little experience with said support. The support mediums you desire are not available - you can't e-mail new support requests and forum support is not official - that's unfortunately been the case during your tenure with IPS. You can be frustrated about that, of course, but its highly inappropriate to mislead others regarding the quality of our support when you are adverse to actually using it. Again, the upgrade request is indeed an isolated incident - you are definitely right to be frustrated; I am too and I've already made a note to technicians to pay closer attention to requests from CiC clients - the request was not submitted to the proper department, but we still should have paid closer attention. Once again, I apologize for dropping the ball on that particular issue. 

In response to your other concerns - the data issue impacted around 10 clients; unfortunately you were one of them - I'm very sorry. When you submitted your request, it was during the actual outage and we were not yet sure of the ramifications as it applied to you. We did respond confirming the data loss yet and others were made aware as necessary. Fortunately, there was minimal loss both in number of impacted accounts and the amount of data. 

For good measure, I'd like to welcome you again to submit a ticket for your current issue. We are happy to help you, but you have to let us know via the appropriate channel. If, for whatever reason, you're not able to access your client area account, please feel free to send me a PM, e-mail or use smoke signal and I will personally follow getting you back into the system through to the end. Likewise, if you'd like to continue addressing your concerns further, feel free to contact me. If you'd like to send me a good contact number, I'll even phone you and we'll work this out. If your desire is still to move elsewhere - which would be regretful - please let us know and we'll be happy to get your data ready for you to import to another solution and I wish you the best in finding a solution that better works for you.

This topic has run its course and has now degraded into personal attacks and ridiculousness... so, we're done here. :)

Archived