Set language in URL?

claustrier

Is it possible to set language in the URL ?

i want to setup up the same page On 3 different domain names, and let the domain name entered set the language  like if you type website.com you get the english language version, and if you type website.de you get german language selected  

or Can this be done otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

I am not sure where you come up with just loading where he specifically states... "i want to setup up the same page On 3 different domain names, and let the domain name entered set the language"

Loading from many domains is not a problem. Language selection automatically mystery ...

I guess I disagree with this but that is OK.... Where it will matter is where IPS stands on this.

But to have the software to do what the OP wants it to do across multiple domains for different language speaking people still appears as if running the same license for multiple domains. Even though for different language groups.

Would it not be the same for this scenario.... I own 8 domains each sharing 1 forum software license. Linking domains to point to 1 particular domain can be done but the OP wants to create multiple domains for different language speaking groups....

1 for US English, 1 for German, 1 for Hispanic........

I still feel this will not be allowed under 1 License...

I believe there may be a language barrier at play here.

The software license can be used on any one Domain or Subdomain of your choosing, not multiple domains.

Each license does allow for one test install on a different Domain/Subdomain in addition to the one above, but that test install cannot be available to the public in any manner.

What you describe unfortunately cannot be done with a single license, and I don't believe it can be done at all without customizing the software or using a 3rd-party solution.

True, just want language to be set depending on the domain entered. (.com, .de, .dk, .se etc.)

same installation, it will have English and language specific forums. I am not asking about license policy, but whether it is technically possible. I see other websites doing this..

Archived