Ability to turn off post recount background process

DanInMS

When I upgraded to 4.0 the recount process adjusted all the post counts for my users. In the past we had the ability to skip this. Please give us the option to do that again. I don't want to edit this every time the process runs. Believe it or not some users get really attached to their post counts.

1 hour ago, DallastheDog said:

When I upgraded to 4.0 the recount process adjusted all the post counts for my users. In the past we had the ability to skip this. Please give us the option to do that again. I don't want to edit this every time the process runs. Believe it or not some users get really attached to their post counts.

so why delete posts then? Setup archive, and dont delete posts; easy as that.

There should be a setting to use actual post count or how many they contributed. If a member has contributed 10K and you decide to purge 2K of his/her old posts, they still made those posts and many see it more as a contribution number. A physical delete of one post should subtract however, as that is usually spam or a double post. This can also affect user promotions or making people look like they are in the wrong group.

Admin setting: When purging posts keep post count, or use inventory count. Something like that.

Strangely, if you delete a post that was Liked, the Like number stays. But not the post count. Usually inconsistencies like this are seen as bugs. They do this, I think, for the very reason I stated. Because a post was Liked so it doesn't matter if it was removed or not. But you could say the same for the post contribution.

How many posts have you made on this forum (no matter of deletion) is important to many members. In 3.4 this was possible, just never run the rebuild task.

Archived