(NB40) Ads After X Posts

I mean separate ad units per allocated 'after x posts/topics'.

Show after 1,12,19

1 - Separate ad unit
2 - Separate ad unit
3 - separate ad unit

Of course some may prefer it to be a single unit as default.

Yet this could allow us to sell banner spaces or use ad companies which require different units per placement.

19 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

There are many work What the goal? Display the same information differently

Different information, different ad unit.

We could stick google in the top one, in-house beneath and another ad company at the bottom. I know many people mix, yet I hope to go all in-house soon enough, so having the ability to show different banners would be great.

@newbie LAC I've seen the thread with you talk through the code to exclude if on a certain page

Is it possible to add a setting to this plugin so only ads after X posts are shown if it is in X forum? would be a nice addition to your other plugin ads after x topics.

I'm using both this and your ads after x topics plugin, to keep Google happy I'm trying to remove all ads from one board so I can make it private.

If I add 

{{if ( \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'forums' AND isset( \IPS\Request::i()->id ) AND ! in_array( \IPS\Request::i()->id, array( 9 ) ) ) }}

{{endif}}

Around the custom ad key for the header ads in forumDisplay and into your nbAdsAfterXTopics template it works fine, ads show in all but this one board. But if I add it in to the topic template and nbAdsAfterXPosts it removes ads from posts within all boards.

Just now, daveoh said:

But if I add it in to the topic template and nbAdsAfterXPosts it removes ads from posts within all boards.

Hello,

For topic view 

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
	{{$forumId = 0; try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}

{{if !in_array($forumId, array(9))}}
    code
{{endif}}

Just now, daveoh said:

Is it possible to add a setting to this plugin so only ads after X posts are shown if it is in X forum? would be a nice addition to your other plugin ads after x topics.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

For topic view 

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
	{{$forumId = 0; try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}

{{if !in_array($forumId, array(9))}}
    code
{{endif}}

Yes.

Wow wow wow, you're a superstar, works a treat!! Many many thanks, if this could be included in the next plugin update to save template edits that would be super awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Karel Beuckelaere said:

Hi newbie LAC

Works perfect! fully expirmenting with it now.

Can you advise how we can center the advertisements instead of left alligned.
Also its seems to allign left top, leaving space under it. (not sure how i can fix it)

Hello,

Try to use css class ipsPos_center

More info here 

Hello Newbie_Lac

We are trying to implement advertisement after 1 and 3rd post, for normal topic this is working perfectly, however for QA forum its not working as intended.
We defined
- Custom Location PID 1 - each page
- Custom Location PID 3 - each page

As the Question is split from the replys, we see:
- first page:
 * banner above first reply or something under the first reply
 * banner after second reply (?)
- Second page:

* only 1 banner shown after first

Any advise on that?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Karel Beuckelaere said:

Hello Newbie_Lac

We are trying to implement advertisement after 1 and 3rd post, for normal topic this is working perfectly, however for QA forum its not working as intended.

Hello,

Not tested with QA. Give me some time.

1 hour ago, Karel Beuckelaere said:

* banner after second reply (?)

second reply + question = 3 posts. The following question appears. Incude or exclude question (first post) in QA forums? Exclude.

* only 1 banner shown after first

I can't reproduce. Can you give me acp access?

As the Question is split from the replys, we see:

Confirmed. I excluded first post (question). Ad shows after answers.

Edited by newbie LAC
On 10/12/2015 at 1:09 AM, newbie LAC said:

Support topic

I purchased this plugin and it seems to work great. However, I have a very important question. 

I am using adsense with this plugin and the active viewable percentage is awful for the ads in the middle or towards the end of topics. 

Does this plugin force the ads to load for each page but only display them if X amount of posts are reached according to the plugin settings? If so, this is a big flaw and could get people in trouble with adsense for hidden ads.