(NB40) Ads After X Posts

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, The Box Office Theory said:

Is this compatible with v4.1.19.1?

I installed the plugin yesterday, threw in my ad code, and it's not showing up yet. I thought it might be due to AdSense's delay in activating the ad code, but I just tried a plain "<div>test</div>" entry in the ad code field and that doesn't show up either.

Hello,

I haven't this version to test. Works fine on 4.1.19.2.

Have you configure the plugin settings?

17 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

I haven't this version to test. Works fine on 4.1.19.2.

Have you configure the plugin settings?

Yes, I did configure them. The topic version of this plugin is working fine, but for some reason the ads between posts are not...

EDIT: Screenshots attached... just making sure I haven't missed anything in the configuration? Also, what does the "Reverse" option do?

ads-posts1.thumb.png.dd356b223b834d5518b9e0c1b0140b6f.pngads-posts2.thumb.png.9f02bf0862af5d15173d0f4363ac8b47.png

Edited by The Box Office Theory
5 hours ago, The Box Office Theory said:

Yes, I did configure them. The topic version of this plugin is working fine, but for some reason the ads between posts are not...

EDIT: Screenshots attached... just making sure I haven't missed anything in the configuration? Also, what does the "Reverse" option do?

ads-posts1.thumb.png.dd356b223b834d5518b9e0c1b0140b6f.pngads-posts2.thumb.png.9f02bf0862af5d15173d0f4363ac8b47.png

We've upgraded to 4.1.19.2. I uninstalled, reinstalled the plugin and set up everything again. It's still not showing up anywhere. I'm at a loss.

Hi Newbie,

Is there a way to force an ad to show before the next to last post, next-to-next-to-last post, and so on?

For example, I'm wanting to place an ad or two closer to the most current posts rather than scattered throughout the top and middle of pages. However, if I simply use the post number ID, I currently would have wait until a respective page hits post number 18 or post number 19 before the ad displays.

Is there a shortcut that will solve this similar to using "l" as the ID for the last post?

12 hours ago, The Box Office Theory said:

Hi Newbie,

Is there a way to force an ad to show before the next to last post, next-to-next-to-last post, and so on?

For example, I'm wanting to place an ad or two closer to the most current posts rather than scattered throughout the top and middle of pages. However, if I simply use the post number ID, I currently would have wait until a respective page hits post number 18 or post number 19 before the ad displays.

Is there a shortcut that will solve this similar to using "l" as the ID for the last post?

Hello,

Not sure what you want. Please give me example.

9 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Not sure what you want. Please give me example.

Sorry, that was a bit confusing. What I'd like to achieve is the ability to insert an ad in the next to last post on each page whether or not it's the 7th post or the 12th post or the 17th post. In other words, if a page has 15 posts, I want an ad to show below the 14th post. But if that same exact page grows to 19 posts, I only want that exact same ad to show on the 18th post.

Does that make any sense?

I'm wanting to set up ads this way because ads near the top of each page aren't performing nearly as well as the "ad after last post" is since setting it up. My theory is that this is because most members use Invision's "jump to most recent post" feature when reading through the forum, which means ads closest to the most recent post will generally perform stronger than ones statically placed after a certain post number on each page (because why would anyone re-read an entire page when they can just skip ahead to new content?).

17 hours ago, The Box Office Theory said:

Sorry, that was a bit confusing. What I'd like to achieve is the ability to insert an ad in the next to last post on each page whether or not it's the 7th post or the 12th post or the 17th post. In other words, if a page has 15 posts, I want an ad to show below the 14th post. But if that same exact page grows to 19 posts, I only want that exact same ad to show on the 18th post.

You want to show advert before last post. Ok, I'll add this.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:39 AM, newbie LAC said:

You want to show advert before last post. Ok, I'll add this.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:16 PM, The Box Office Theory said:

Yes, pretty much, but I'd also like the ability to show them in the 2nd to last post, the 3rd to last post, the 4th to last post, and so on.

Hey Newbie,

I don't mean to rush you or anything, I'm just wondering if you've had a chance to start on this or if you know about how long it might be before you add it.  Thanks in advance!

On 5/18/2017 at 0:15 AM, newbie LAC said:

l-X (without spaces)

l-1

l-2

etc

Hey Newbie,

Sorry to bother, I'm just wondering if this has been tested. Because I'm not able to get any ads other than "l-1" to display. I've set up ads for "l-2" and "l-3" but, unless Google is taking much longer than usual to activate the new ads, they aren't showing up. Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, The Box Office Theory said:

Hey Newbie,

Sorry to bother, I'm just wondering if this has been tested. Because I'm not able to get any ads other than "l-1" to display. I've set up ads for "l-2" and "l-3" but, unless Google is taking much longer than usual to activate the new ads, they aren't showing up. Any thoughts?

Hello,

How can I reproduce the problem?

Please give me more information. Plugin settings, advert settings, topic count posts etc