Ranks Icons

Matk

.Administrators {
	background-image: url( {resource="team_icons/admin.png" app="core" location="custom"} );
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	display: block;
	width: 100%;
	height: 41px;
	margin: 0 0 0 30px;
}

You will need to do something like this example.

Adjusting width, height and margin to your needs

Hope this helps.

After going to your site it appears that the current team Icons are correct as in the first example above.

The second example on the other hand appears to be a thumbnail version.

Try re-uploading the original team icon file via ACP - Customization - Theme - (theme to modify) - far right down arrow - Manage Resources and add the new team icon and see if that helps.

Excuse my delay, I hope you're still willing to help me. I think you did not understand my problem. Please visit my forum and check the ranks icons, below from the team icons.

Entre neste tópico e veja uma imagem escrito "Teste" no postContainer:
http://www.tibiaking.com/forum/topic/63013-1-o-seu-novo-tibia-king/?do=findComment&comment=362768

Original image:
W9eT7Jy.jpg

Image after upload rank icons: 
1.jpg.5324b352a907b576ec4251465e7f9a87.j

3 hours ago, Matheus Sesso said:

Friend, I do not think you understand. There's nothing in CSS that reduces the image. the image is reduced when I upload. Please make a test on your forum.

Trust me there is a css file that will control the sizing. Which file I can't say for certain atm without seeing the actual template and css code you added to bring this this image forward.

@AndyF this is also a possibility. But at present without the actual added code this is a game of What's My Line!

5 hours ago, Woodsman said:

Trust me there is a css file that will control the sizing. Which file I can't say for certain atm without seeing the actual template and css code you added to bring this this image forward.

@AndyF this is also a possibility. But at present without the actual added code this is a game of What's My Line!

Woodsman, my tamplate is Dafault, but edited. I sent a ticket for IPS, see their response:

Jim M. 07 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Hello,

Yes, IPS4 will re-size your image to a 140px x 140px max when it is uploaded for use a rank image. Currently there is no way to change this without customization, which is outside of our scope of support. We welcome all feedback though on our Product Feedback forum to anything you would like to see in future versions.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Jim M.
Invision Power Services, Inc.

I haven't used any css code to install the ranks, the ranks is a standard option of IPB 4. See this image: http://i.imgur.com/Hkwl2Gt.png, I just do upload a picture with a width of 185px and it is resize to 140px, becoming another image, without any CSS modification.

My skin is the default of IPB, made only minor changes in appearance. I honestly do not know what CSS must share for you.

See, they are different images, so there's no changes in CCS:

Original image:
W9eT7Jy.jpg

8 hours ago, Matheus Sesso said:

I haven't used any css code to install the ranks, the ranks is a standard option of IPB 4. See this image: http://i.imgur.com/Hkwl2Gt.png, I just do upload a picture with a width of 185px and it is resize to 140px, becoming another image, without any CSS modification.

My skin is the default of IPB, made only minor changes in appearance. I honestly do not know what CSS must share for you.

See, they are different images, so there's no changes in CCS:

Original image:
W9eT7Jy.jpg

There is your problem then.... You added the roadmap in your phtml template but no css on how it is to be handled.

Think of it this way.... The phtml template you are working with is your street you live on... The css bits are the houses, parks and trees.

If I add CSS code to enhance an image that was decreased , you agree with me that it will be deformed?

I only want the attached image that I uploaded does not changes, continue the way it is, I see no need CSS for this.

Look at this link: http://www.tibiaking.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2015_10/1.jpg.5324b352a907b576ec4251465e7f9a87.jpg
It is a image with 185px of width after uploading, does not change CSS.

There is a max limit of 140px you have to change that either in forums/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/ranks.php OR by creating a CSS edit to override that limit.

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Upload( 'member_ranks_icon', $pip, FALSE, array( 'image' => array( 'maxWidth' => 140, 'maxHeight' => 140 ), 'storageExtension' => 'core_Theme' ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'member_ranks_icon' ) );

Changing this limit may cause other style problems that require additional editing in CSS to fix since I didn't test this, only tracked down the limit. You're basically going to stretch out the user info pane which will likely move other things.

IMO, you should consider reducing the size of the image yourself in a program like Photoshop or GIMP to maintain quality at a smaller scale, and upload it at 140px or less. 185px for a rank image is quite large and visually distracting when scrolling a page. But it's your community, if you're set of having an image that large, changing the limit is where I would start, good luck. :)

@Matheus Sesso I understand what it is you are trying to do here. I get it... But I am not a mind reader. If you want this issue resolved then you have to give us an example of the code you have in place. A simple image won't cut it. I have already explained why I or anyone else will need to see this in order to help you any further creating the proper css files. Also to determine if you have it in the correct template.

@DarkRider You brought up a good point as well. But as you said it can interfere with other area  images where as for this situation a css call set in a custom.css will override the defaults.

Archived