Promote Posts to Articles

6 minutes ago, -FP said:

now I only need it to stop creating a new topic and use the existing one instead for the comments.

Yes, I want to solve this too. But I got only 3 options out of 21. I know how this works... I can make like you or the others request, then come 5 and complain. So I'll have to make workarounds to fit to everyone's needs, which will make support impractical.

Guess I'll send PMs to other buyers.

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, I want to solve this too. But I got only 3 options out of 21. I know how this works... I can make like you or the others request, then come 5 and complain.

Guess I'll send PMs to other buyers.

Yep I understand, but let me see if I can explain myself.

I only want to use the existing topic if "use forums for comments" is enabled AND if the promoted post is the first on the topic. (I don't see how anyone would want this to be any different, if it's not like that they would just make copies of the same content)

In any other cases it's fine if it creates a new topic.

Edited by -FP

can you not just give an option

"create new topic" ?

yes - if wish another topic created

no - if wish to use existing topic

the current default of creating a 'new' one does mean that a manual database edit is always needed if want to get rid of the 'new' topic and 'use' the existing topic

Edited by sound
  • 2 weeks later...

Think this is it says latest and thats the last thing I did, 

Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:03:19 +0000 (Severity: 2)
141.101.99.177 - http://www.bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/index.php?/articles.html/articles/&do=form&pid=55
ErrorException
2: Creating default object from empty value
#0 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(42): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Creating defaul...', '/home/birdsbud/...', 42, Array)
#1 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Content/Item.php(97): IPS\cms\hook53::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#2 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Content/Item.php(58): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#3 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(441): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->form()
#5 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(294): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(177): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->__call('form', Array)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\page->form()
#10 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I selected members articles.

4 minutes ago, karld said:

Think this is it says latest and thats the last thing I did, 

Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:03:19 +0000 (Severity: 2)
141.101.99.177 - http://www.bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/index.php?/articles.html/articles/&do=form&pid=55
ErrorException
2: Creating default object from empty value
#0 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(42): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Creating defaul...', '/home/birdsbud/...', 42, Array)
#1 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Content/Item.php(97): IPS\cms\hook53::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#2 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Content/Item.php(58): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#3 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(441): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->form()
#5 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(294): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(177): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->__call('form', Array)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\page->form()
#10 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home/birdsbud/public_html/bbia.co.uk/bbia-forums-v2/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I selected members articles.

Have you chosen a forum on this plugin's settings ?