Promote Posts to Articles

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2016 at 6:43 AM, sound said:

can you not just give an option

"create new topic" ?

yes - if wish another topic created

no - if wish to use existing topic

the current default of creating a 'new' one does mean that a manual database edit is always needed if want to get rid of the 'new' topic and 'use' the existing topic

I vote for *this.

I'm just starting to create a home page with a grid your news.  And I want to highlight my members topics in the forums with comments directed back to the Forum topic.  On the Other hand I will also have a selected group of members who will have the control to create an Article first and I'd like then for a new topic to be discussed in the forums.

On 1/10/2016 at 8:16 AM, -FP said:

So yep what I said, now I only need it to stop creating a new topic and use the existing one instead for the comments.

@Adriano Faria

Is ths in the plans for the next upgrade?  I've already purchased the app.

My Forum Topic content is generated within the Forums, the best topics will be promoted to Articles to be highlighted on the Home page which makes great use of this app.  Because the new Article all ready has a fair amount of discussion within the Forums having a 2nd place for commenting is confusing and redundant.  

Adding the choice of starting a New Topic in the Forums or comments continuing in to the Original Topic  would be ideal addition to this great app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2016 at 8:02 PM, ehku said:

When promoting the first post to article, will the other posts be "promoted" to comments as well? I think it's best to have a perfect synchronization between the article and the topic.

I am considering purchase, but really need this feature as well.

If the article comments are stored in the database (for all other articles in that database) then it makes sense to transfer the comments over to the article comments, instead of storing them in a thread. Then, the original thread should be deleted to avoid the duplicate content penalty.

2 minutes ago, PrettyPixels said:

I am considering purchase, but really need this feature as well.

If the article comments are stored in the database (for all other articles in that database) then it makes sense to transfer the comments over to the article comments, instead of storing them in a thread. Then, the original thread should be deleted to avoid the duplicate content penalty.

I will work on this probably on weekend. I will review all replies and the most wanted will be applied and will be on a new version of the plugin.