Phone Responsive Design - Start New Topic / Add Article

-FP

Why is the start new topic button after the topics listing? Wouldn't it be better to have it at the top of the page before listing the topics?

And also in phone view, there's no button to add a new article to pages from the main database page. I have to get into a category, and then there's a button to add a new one to the current category, again, at the bottom of the page after listing the articles.

Maybe the phone menu needs a button to create content, just like the desktop view one.

I suggested this in an earlier version of 4.0.  Ryan or Rhett (I forget) said no because it would be "too cluttered" at the top and that you spend most of your time at the bottom of the forum. Didn't make much sense to me, but there you go :) 

Edit: Ah found it, it was Rikki. And it was the mark forum as read button, my mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it at the bottom, no excuse for threads on the same subject as no member ever searches before posting, at least they have to scroll down through the thread list and may notice a thread already open before starting one.

Archived