Discouraging

ZakRhyno

Hello IPS, I been waiting watching and even posted on the pre-sales questions area but never gotten a replay. As I’m very happy to hear about IPB 4.1 coming out in October I went to see what new things will be coming down the road but never really found much of any new documentation on Pages and not one single article on Commerce. As this two application I would be using more heavy when I upgrade my old IPB, I feel disappointed in lack of communications from IPB staff members saying that stuff will be release in the Documentation area but, weeks later nothing.

I’m not trying to bash IPB, but with all of this being said and nothing be doing; it feels like IPB 3.X.X problems all over again. There not much communication from the customer service to the forums and even in the Pre-Sales where customers are waiting to find out more information on questions they have as to give judgment if they want to buy IPB product.

I have to wait a whole month to get a some feedback on a topic on a Pre-Sale question? My concern is why do I have to post this in a forums to get it answer, was this not the right way to go and ask this in Pre-Sales?  @Charles @Mark H

•  

14 minutes ago, Charles said:

You can always email sales@invisionpower.com if you have questions before you purchase. Topics in pre-sales forum are designed to be a peer-to-peer area.

When did that change? That really doesn't sound like a bright idea.

• Management

It's been that way since 2002 :)

Our staff replies in the pre-sales forum when others do not assist but we generally let clients answer prospective buyer's questions to get input from someone other than a staff person. People like that first hand knowledge.

In this case it was not really a pre-sales question anyway. The poster is already a client and was asking about 4.1 features which is not something the sales staff would be able to answer anyway.

My license has expired and I was asking some questions about some features and documentation that sales staff I would thought be able to answer. Not all feature specifically they may not be able to answer I give you that. But I was asking some questions about the products I would think the sales staffs should know as to help me to make sense if I should renew my license to be a full time client again. The biggest one being the documentation area, which has been a major factor as if I do upgrade as a non-client right now, I wanted to be well inform of how to use the new software. 

Is not a valid customer service question that a sales rep would know? They are there to help sale the product and I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, I am? I'm trying to education my self on IPB's product and make a choice if buying the next version is worth it. The biggest hurled is the major change between versions and information on learning it not being available to the customer base from what I can see right now.

@Ryan H.

• Management

You were asking questions about 4.1's feature set literally the same day we revealed it even existed. I'm sorry we didn't reply about it but every single person was on the preview site asking a thousand questions about 4.1 and that's where we were answering them :)

I just saw your reply to my other thread @Charles I'm by not means trying to kick up any dust I'm just trying to make a formal choice if to continue with IPB as my main software and pass the features questions the documentation has been the the biggest show stopper for me right now. I don't wish to be take hours and hours between IPB staff help tickets and trying to learn a piece of software and guess what this feature are buttons does, IP Content are Nexus. Pretty much react IPB 3.0 days and all, I want to upgrade know what I'm dealing with how to use it with some guide are help docs and more detail questions I open up ticket and ask. The problem with that is waiting for the ticket to be answer and moving forward when trying to learn the software. I hope this helps with what the concern I have been having and the question I been asking in concern in regards to documentation.

Thank you for your time and reading this thread as well as replying.

Archived