Jump to content

member_seo_name emptied on upgrade from 3.4.7 to 4.0.13??


djpretzel
 Share

Recommended Posts

After completing a test upgrade from 3.4.7 to 4.0.13, I've noticed that the member_seo_name column in the core_members table is now.... empty.

Aside from the user I've been testing with, which is the sole user that has a value.

This value was present in my 3.4.7 database and is rather necessary to some of the reports I run.

All post-upgrade background tasks have completed... what gives? Is there a way to manually rebuild this value? Why would it get flushed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't remember exactly, but the instructions I saw mention that one of the names is taken away and the other one is used in it's place. (seo vs login). I think an option was given and also a recommendation given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for as I can tell all the member_seo_name column does it take the display name and modifies it slightly. Such as making it all lower case and replacing spaces with '-'. (and various other things)

Why do you need that value specifically? Why not just use display name?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom S. said:

As for as I can tell all the member_seo_name column does it take the display name and modifies it slightly. Such as making it all lower case and replacing spaces with '-'. (and various other things)

Why do you need that value specifically? Why not just use display name?

 

  • Yes, it's designed to provide the value used for URLs, I believe
  • What's odd is that even with the value completely empty for 99% of users, links to member profiles are still intact & accurate, leading me to believe those values are possibly now being dynamically generated
  • I need the values for reporting purposes and for using the data outside of IPS... clearly the values still get populated when a user logs in or their username is edited, but for some reason the column was emptied during the upgrade... and I can't really wait for the values to be repopulated by user activity...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, djpretzel said:

After completing a test upgrade from 3.4.7 to 4.0.13, I've noticed that the member_seo_name column in the core_members table is now.... empty.

Aside from the user I've been testing with, which is the sole user that has a value.

This value was present in my 3.4.7 database and is rather necessary to some of the reports I run.

All post-upgrade background tasks have completed... what gives? Is there a way to manually rebuild this value? Why would it get flushed?

User / Display Names
Usernames and display names have been merged in IPS4. As the administrator, you may select which to keep during the upgrade process. Please note that this field will be the publicly displayed field for the user. Would you like to retain usernames -or- display names? (Only one can be chosen, not both.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tnn said:

User / Display Names
Usernames and display names have been merged in IPS4. As the administrator, you may select which to keep during the upgrade process. Please note that this field will be the publicly displayed field for the user. Would you like to retain usernames -or- display names? (Only one can be chosen, not both.)

Thanks, but that's not what I'm talking about.

At any rate, I logged a bug, which was closed, because apparently this is by design and not deemed to be an issue:

https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/member_seo_name-is-cleared-out-on-upgrade-from-347-to-4013-r8223/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could you not manually alter display names to the criteria you want before using them in the report?

$seo_name = strtolower ($display_name); //make lower case
$seo_name = str_replace(" ", "-", $seo_name); //replace spaces with '-'

etc....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tom S. said:

Could you not manually alter display names to the criteria you want before using them in the report?


$seo_name = strtolower ($display_name); //make lower case
$seo_name = str_replace(" ", "-", $seo_name); //replace spaces with '-'

etc....

 

Yeah, the seoTitle method in the Url class actually has the logic, so that's what I'll end up doing...

The confusion/issue is the inconsistency on the part of IPS with how this column is handled - for OTHER seo values, like topics, the data is rebuilt as part of the upgrade... which makes sense. For some reason they chose not to handle things that way for this column... imo, much better to be consistent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...