Jump to content

(NB40) Topic Description


newbie LAC
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Open custom.css

1. Topics list

Add 


.nbTopicDescription {
    font-size: 15px;
    color: red;
}

Result

desc.jpg.7e0562b626b7e9f975adc2d6d3aede8a.jpg

2. Topic view

Add 


#nbTopicDescription {
    color: blue;
}

Result

desc2.jpg.8bdc7b8c7b385f96c4c78ba3fb53a0f3.jpg

thank you very much, hope you can add gc forums to choose soon:thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hi there

Thanks for this plugin - been using it successfully for a while.

Just wanted to know if there are there likely to be any problems with 4.3.1. (currently on 4.2.9)?

I had a failed upgrade where all the topic links failed after the upgrade so had to roll back - I am now trying to eliminate possible causes.

Thanks in advance

 

 

Edited by geedub
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

@newbie LAC For some reason the descriptions have disappeared from mine. However, they are still in the database.

I upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.3

I'm 99% certain they were still there after the upgrade. However, I also updated the plugin to the latest version I found in the marketplace and I'm not sure I checked after doing that.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Can I try installing a previous version over the latest I have? (I've still got a copy of the previous one)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

@newbie LAC For some reason the descriptions have disappeared from mine. However, they are still in the database.

I upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.3

I'm 99% certain they were still there after the upgrade. However, I also updated the plugin to the latest version I found in the marketplace and I'm not sure I checked after doing that.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Can I try installing a previous version over the latest I have? (I've still got a copy of the previous one)

Hello,

Have you enable Designer's mode? I can look into that if you give me credentials

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Day,

I installed this plugin today and we're loving having the topic description!

I was wondering if it is possible to change the field's title? If so, where and how would I do that? I am very low-tech, only marginally computer and code savvy so give me the Village Idiot version of the steps and instructions.

I would like to change the field title from Description to Characters.

Thank you for the plugin and for your help,

~ Stormwolfe

Screenshot

350610736_ScreenShot2018-05-30at6_01_05PM.thumb.png.4fa19f0b8a8a34b4d28a1d960dc6ce1d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

7 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

I would like to change the field title from Description to Characters.

- Go to ACP - Customization - Languages

- Click on Translate

translate.thumb.jpg.11877b62535d36c4cb36fd72c11fbd47.jpg

- Click on Search icon

translate2.thumb.jpg.0f63d30ebb18efcf398a829ad7d160cf.jpg

- Add topic_description in Key field

translate3.thumb.jpg.7b65e8794cc0f767e245e4ea92d6fc90.jpg

- Click on Search button

- You will get result. Add your "Characters" to the field

translate4.thumb.jpg.7c6a08cfe5093065752e84e6137223ec.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just upgraded to the new 1.03 version on 4.5.  The old version was working after I got to 4.5.  The 1.03 version seems to be running something(s) very intensive on the forum page showing all topics.  Getting very slow responses to the point of timing out sometimes.  Disabled the plugin and things are back to normal.

I know for 4.5 you had to split off data from the standard tables to your own.  Not sure if somehow reading those is causing the issue as even reading a page worth of topic descriptions with queries should not slow down that much.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

13 hours ago, clearvision said:

The 1.03 version seems to be running something(s) very intensive on the forum page showing all topics.  Getting very slow responses to the point of timing out sometimes.  Disabled the plugin and things are back to normal.

Thank you for the report. I'll look into this.

Edited by newbie LAC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...