4.1 Notification issue or suggestion - instant notifications need choice per content item

chilihead

ips_notification_settings.thumb.png.e8d2

I use site notifications. If I want an email instant notification for a topic I have to choose email or site notifications globally right? I can't just choose to be emailed instantly for one topic. I find that strange since I can choose email under the top setting for just one topic, but it is delayed only. Day or week.

Can we also get the choice of instant w/o having to turn it on globally? I don't want all those emails, but once in awhile want email for one topic. Thanks!

Edited by chilihead

7 hours ago, chilihead said:

ips_notification_settings.thumb.png.e8d2

I use site notifications. If I want an email instant notification for a topic I have to choose email or site notifications globally right? I can't just choose to be emailed instantly for one topic. I find that strange since I can choose email under the top setting for just one topic, but it is delayed only. Day or week.

Can we also get the choice of instant w/o having to turn it on globally? I don't want all those emails, but once in awhile want email for one topic. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this topic and suggestion.  For a new application we are developing, I asked for this feature and it took some doing but as always, the Wizard of Brooklyn made it happen (@headstand).  Apparently the IPB code is not meant to do this and the efforts put forth to create this choice of notification per content item was akin to using a machete to hack a path through dense jungle undergrowth while vines were pulling at your legs and venemous snakes were snooping down from the trees.