Fire notifications programmatically

Ivo Pereira

Very hard to answer without more info.

If this is something that you re manually entering say vi the Pages application, then you could use the Rules addon to send out notifications.

The dev of the addon is incedibly active and may be able to help on it's capability for your needs.

55 minutes ago, pmflav said:

Very hard to answer without more info.

If this is something that you re manually entering say vi the Pages application, then you could use the Rules addon to send out notifications.

The dev of the addon is incedibly active and may be able to help on it's capability for your needs.

Hello @pmflav,

No, I am not using Pages. I am using a system totally written by me totally separated by IPS. The unique thing that connects both is the login/register features.

What I am looking for is what it responsible for filling new notifications inside IPS. What is inserted to database and where, so I could replicate similar insertion in my own system, and to make results visible in IPS.

I have very limited knowledge on anything IPB but out of curiosity I did some looking around and it simply looks like notifications are a record in the core_notifications table. Wouldn't seem hard to write to this table from your outside application, assuming you get the structure right. I don't have access to the raw code as I don't have self-hosted licence so I couldn't tell you if there is any other functions that would have to be in place to make it work such as dismissing the notification when viewed, or other cache or system related changes also made when the IPB system creates notifications. Maybe someone with more knowledge would know exactly how the system works in it entirety.

@Tom S. basically, imagine a soccer match maker system totally separated from IPB. However my users are generally on forums, and it would be great if I can notify them that anything has happened in my separated system.

I'm gonna check the link you've provided, however @Austin Headley could be a suggestion to try either. I will check the table responsible for that.

Thanks a lot both!

Archived