ipb 4.x - Enter or Shift+Enter (paragraph problems)

TexFanatico

Hi all and as usual sorry for my English errors :)

I hope that this topic didn't exist already but since the new version here I can't make a search (I have always an error feedback).

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\Query::excludeDisabledApps() in /var/app/current/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php on line 454

Well, on my forum I have "seniors" members that aren't so smart with IT and they are lost with the new "ENTER" method.

Can I in a simply way (I wouldn't go to catch the JS code :sweat: ) define how the ENTER have to works?

Here an example to explain what I can make as routine...

Now, the post would have this structure:

<p>
	First Line, now I make SHIFT+ENTER (just to drop down --> but my users didn't love/like this option)
	<br>
	this is a new line make with SHIFT+ENTER, now I make an ENTER
</p>
<p>
	This is (with the new version) a new paragraph, but "for my users" it musted be a new line... now I make ENTER ENTER ('old' style for the paragraph)
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
	Here I have my new paragraph (with the old style --> that's the normal writing/typing style for my users that aren't so "in" with IT)
</p>

Result:

First Line, now I make SHIFT+ENTER (just to drop down --> but my users didn't love/like this option)

This is (with the new version) a new paragraph, but "for my users" it musted be a new line... now I make ENTER ENTER ('old' style for the paragraph)

Here I have my new paragraph (with the old style --> that's the normal writing/typing style for my users that aren't so "in" with IT)

So, to have

I have to make some queries routines like:

I have to caught before the "double" paragraph (if not I would loose the control of my users formatted-text):

</p><p></p><p> and "save them".... even with a no-html code :) </p><paragraph></p><paragraph>

update `ipb_forums_posts` set post = replace(post,"</p><p></p><p>","</p><paragraph></p><paragraph>");

Now I would have:

<p>
	<br>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<paragraph>
</p>
<paragraph>
</p>

Now I can run a query to replace </p><p>

update `ipb_forums_posts` set post = replace(post,"</p><p>","<br>");

Result:

<p>
	<br>
<br>
</p>
<paragraph>
</p>
<paragraph>
</p>

Finally I can make a query to remove the empty paragraph:

update `ipb_forums_posts` set post = replace(post,"</p><paragraph></p><paragraph>","</p><p>");

To have

<p>
	<br>
<br>
</p>
<p>
</p>

All easy, but It wouldn't be user-friendly and it would use resources (not many but one + one + one...).

So, the question is, as above:

We have a way to define if we would have ENTER for "new-line" instead of "paragraph"?
until now I haven't see

As I see now it all into JS and... well I wouldn't really make changes on a JS or create a "counter code" :D

Thank you for your time

Archived