Friendly Number Format (Support)

Replace the unfriendly numbers throughout your forums with friendly versions. For example 12,416 becomes 12.4k and 1,165,156 becomes 1.2m.

Features:

• Option to force the decimal point used for formatting and override users locale.
  • Ability to change "k" thousands abbreviation.
  • Ability to change "m" millions abbreviation.
  • Translate support for abbreviations.
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Was ajax used to load that particular part or was it a normal page load?

Hi. It's just a normal page load.

However, on a particular topic that have more than one page, these hash number has been disappeared when I changed the page and showed the post count correctly. (e.g. 4.2k)

This issue is occur on the total post count message on top of each topic (X posts on this topic) as well and will disappear when changing the page. Other than that, the rest part of the forum are showing the number format perfectly.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
17 hours ago, hxigor said:

Does the plugin allow removing the thousands separator completely in every forum language?

No that wouldn't be possible. The "thousands separator" is hard coded in IPB4 itself. To basically use what ever the default is for the language being used.

See the "formatNumber" function in system/Lang/Lang.php.

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 5:40 PM, fjb said:

I want to buy but i need to convert billion abbreviation. Would you add this option?

If you have ftp access to your files, I can put together a patch to include the billions abbreviation until the next update is released.

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...