Collections Support Topic

6 hours ago, KentT said:

https://simpletractors.com/collections/

Here's my implementation, with about 1200 records. You'll need to log in to view.

User: Josh

PW: tester

Thanks a lot for sharing! I didn't notice the login details so just made a registration... hope it's ok.

6 hours ago, Mike John said:

That's a pretty detailed demo compared to a fresh install but if you still wanted to see the admin area as well, let me know and can set one up.

From KenT's example I don't I can use this app for what I intended... I believe that all registrations are unique, right? Meaning, I can't add a record and then have the members of the community to add that same record that I created to their profile as if they have it also, correct?

I was thinking to create the database of material used in aquariums and then allow each member to select from the records what equipment they have and use it for reviews and photos upload...

If it's possible please let me know how I could do that... maybe it's in the admin options.

Thanks!
JB

20 hours ago, joaocb said:

From KenT's example I don't I can use this app for what I intended... I believe that all registrations are unique, right? Meaning, I can't add a record and then have the members of the community to add that same record that I created to their profile as if they have it also, correct?

Yes that's correct. Each item is associated with a members account and unique. My understanding is you want to setup a "database" of items and then members can select they have that item. So it's probably not going to work as needed.

21 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Yes that's correct. Each item is associated with a members account and unique. My understanding is you want to setup a "database" of items and then members can select they have that item. So it's probably not going to work as needed.

Yes, that was precisely the idea. Thanks for your reply and clarification!

• 1 month later...

I have a quick question on this before I purchase. Does this have the ability for the user to select from premade items (like computer parts), and add them to a list, and share the list?

Edit: Nevermind. Read through the forums. If there is enough requests for this feature, could it be implemented? Its the only thing holding me back.

Edited by Jarrett McBride
18 hours ago, Jarrett McBride said:

Edit: Nevermind. Read through the forums. If there is enough requests for this feature, could it be implemented? Its the only thing holding me back.

The main problem is that a lot of the app was built around unique items for each member, changing that will require some work. Does the "items database" feature offer any work around for you here? It might be able to store all the computer parts for example and then members can just add any part to their list? I can setup a demo if you would like to better illustrate this?

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

The main problem is that a lot of the app was built around unique items for each member, changing that will require some work. Does the "items database" feature offer any work around for you here? It might be able to store all the computer parts for example and then members can just add any part to their list? I can setup a demo if you would like to better illustrate this?

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind. :)

• 1 month later...

A few questions.

1. When an image is uploaded and resized according to the settings in this application, does it remove the original and only save the resized image? I used a similar Garage plugin on a vB4 forum and all originals were saved, resulting in demand for large storage space (several GB). I don't want to have to deal with this again.

2. In a forum post, you can click 'Insert other media - Insert existing attachment' and you can select from previous Post Attachments or Gallery Images. Can you also easily insert a Collections image like this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 3:30 AM, Frank Wulfers said:

A few questions.

1. When an image is uploaded and resized according to the settings in this application, does it remove the original and only save the resized image? I used a similar Garage plugin on a vB4 forum and all originals were saved, resulting in demand for large storage space (several GB). I don't want to have to deal with this again.

2. In a forum post, you can click 'Insert other media - Insert existing attachment' and you can select from previous Post Attachments or Gallery Images. Can you also easily insert a Collections image like this?

I apologies for the delay in getting back to you. (Just noticed the same topic on my site recently). But just in case you missed my reply there, here it is again.

1. Only the resized images and the thumbnails generated for them will be stored.
  2. No it's not currently natively supported but I can flag this for addition in a future version.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello @Mike John. With IPS 4.3.1 and Collections 2.1.2, I have this problems.

In user images:

images_collections.thumb.jpg.5b1d7a83217d52dca8674cba2e68b3c7.jpg

In Image tab if I click in a  image:images_collections_1.thumb.png.96317fbf8ffc2095f6ab9293906ec511.png

I send you by PM links to my website for you to check

3 minutes ago, pequeno said:

I send you by PM links to my website for you to check

Mike John cannot receive messages.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, pequeno said:

. With IPS 4.3.1 and Collections 2.1.2, I have this problems.

Temporary patch available here. I'm working on another bug fixing update now that will include this and several other bugs.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, pequeno said:

Mike John cannot receive messages.

Sorry about that, should be fixed now. My inbox fills up quite fast, didn't realize was full.

35 minutes ago, Mike John said:

The Collections app has been updated with several more bug fixes.

Thank you.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:26 PM, pequeno said:

In Image tab if I click in a  image:images_collections_1.thumb.png.96317fbf8ffc2095f6ab9293906ec511.png

Solved in collections 2.1.3

On 5/10/2018 at 9:26 PM, pequeno said:

In user images:

images_collections.thumb.jpg.5b1d7a83217d52dca8674cba2e68b3c7.jpg

Don´t solved!!

Hey @Mike John, just wanted to let you know that I'm having some troubles with the latest update 2.1.3.  The "New Vehicles" block at the main garages page is stretching across the screen for some reason.  It looks like the block is stretching the new vehicle pictures causing the entire page to stretch.  Here's a screenshot.  Any ideas how to fix?

Using IPS 4.3.2, Collections 2.1.3

1471165032_Screenshot2018-05-2007_18_14.thumb.png.d94945dc647f9b1a27e8415b4e6b3d58.png

Edited by Mike Gholson
On 5/21/2018 at 12:20 AM, Mike Gholson said:

, just wanted to let you know that I'm having some troubles with the latest update 2.1.3.  The "New Vehicles" block at the main garages page is stretching across the screen for some reason.  It looks like the block is stretching the new vehicle pictures causing the entire page to stretch.  Here's a screenshot.  Any ideas how to fix?

v2.1.3 definitely should of fixed up the new IPB 4.3 issues. Can you check if you've got any customized collections template bits? Perhaps not allowing the new template code to show.

12 hours ago, Mike John said:

v2.1.3 definitely should of fixed up the new IPB 4.3 issues. Can you check if you've got any customized collections template bits? Perhaps not allowing the new template code to show.

Hi Mike, no custom templates for the collections that I know of.  How can I tell if there's something customized?

m

On 5/23/2018 at 4:17 AM, Mike Gholson said:

Hi Mike, no custom templates for the collections that I know of.  How can I tell if there's something customized?

A customized template will usually have a "revert" option on the template or a little indicator next to the template name.

1czwn1T.png

On 5/27/2018 at 2:58 PM, Mike John said:

A customized template will usually have a "revert" option on the template or a little indicator next to the template name.

1czwn1T.png

I just checked all the templates under the collections drop down and nothing shows up with the "revert" button...  Any other ideas?