Collections Support Topic

Mike, check your PMs.  Couple of questions/issues there.

Something else strange is happening here.  I have the permissions set on each category so that Guests cannot see the records.  But, the social share icons show up anyway, which seems contrary to the IPS permissions, where you can only share if the content is visible to everyone.

Then, when it is shared, the Facebook sharer picks up the site logo from the header, rather than any pictures in the Item.

Image11.thumb.jpg.ed3891adfdce4c8262cc6b8db7e2780e.jpg

Another issue, found and pinpointed by @onlyME who did my database conversion and helped me set up and troubleshoot the implementation.  If using the Latest images widget, such as on collections-list-all, you will get the error Error: Call to a member function url() on null (0)...

Here's the info from the logs:

rokon2813

Club Members
The URL of page the error occurred on was http://simpletractors.com/collections/category/307-t-10/

Error: Call to a member function url() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_collections_front_global->thumb(NULL, 'tiny', 'monthly_2017_02...')
#1 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(264): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('thumb', Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_collections_front_widgets->collectionsImages(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), 'vertical')
#4 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('collectionsImag...', Array)
#6 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(224): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/simplet1/public_html/applications/collections/widgets/collectionsImages.php(75): IPS\_Widget->output(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#8 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(753): IPS\collections\widgets\_collectionsImages->render()
#9 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(12790): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#10 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#11 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#12 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(10381): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#13 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar('right')
#14 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#15 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(5042): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#16 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('afb665b7ebc9d6a...', '\n\n\n<div class='...', Array)
#17 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#18 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#19 /home/simplet1/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(61): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#20 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(104): IPS\hook226->finish()
#21 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(528): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#22 /home/simplet1/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#23 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\chat_hook_tabNewWindow->finish()
#24 /home/simplet1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#25 {main}

BACKTRACK:

#0 /home/simplet1/public_html/init.php(511): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(805): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(12790): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#4 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(10381): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar('right')
#7 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(757) : eval()'d code(5042): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('afb665b7ebc9d6a...', '\n\n\n<div class='...', Array)
#10 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#11 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#12 /home/simplet1/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(61): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#13 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(104): IPS\hook226->finish()
#14 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(528): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#15 /home/simplet1/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#16 /home/simplet1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\chat_hook_tabNewWindow->finish()
#17 /home/simplet1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}

Hello, additional information.

If I delete the block and put a new block, the title appears correctly but...

- If I modify the title in the widget adjusts (using edit button), don´t save the new title and the title dissapears in the block.

- I can change the title in the block using "Quick translating tool", but if I modify anything in the widget adjust, the tittle dissapear.

I tested that the problem is when I edit any option in the block.

Another strange thing I'm experiencing with Permissions.  I have all the categories set so that Guests cannot see them.  I have the main categories set up as second-level menu options.  Those second level menu options are not visible to Guests -- but the main menu option of Registry is visible, and if they click on it they can go to the Main Page.  From there all the links are live for them to go see any featured items, most recent items, etc.  

And a question about permissions -- not sure it is a bug.  My users with appropriate permissions are not seeing the icon on the right margin on the Images tab that allows them to set one as default.  

On 11/02/2017 at 2:04 PM, pequeno said:

In IPS 4.1.18.2, the widget "Latest Items" don´t show the title and show a character

On 11/02/2017 at 2:29 PM, pequeno said:

- If I modify the title in the widget adjusts (using edit button), don´t save the new title and the title dissapears in the block.

I believe this patch should fix this issue.

On 12/02/2017 at 1:22 PM, KentT said:

Another strange thing I'm experiencing with Permissions.  I have all the categories set so that Guests cannot see them.  I have the main categories set up as second-level menu options.  Those second level menu options are not visible to Guests -- but the main menu option of Registry is visible, and if they click on it they can go to the Main Page.  From there all the links are live for them to go see any featured items, most recent items, etc.  

Please apply this patch.

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2016 at 5:17 PM, T-MIKE said:

Hi! I have some items converted from old version.

Now I couldn't edit them, because after I choose "edit" – "select category" – screen refreshed extremely fast.

IPB 4.1.12

Collection 2.0.9

Safari

In Chrome I see empty lists 

Toyota_Tundra_Double_Cab_-_Автомобили_-_Тойота_Тундра_Клуб.png

Some of my members are having this same issue. Was there a fix please?

12 hours ago, abetts said:

Some of my members are having this same issue. Was there a fix please?

That was a custom conversion so I'm not sure would be the same issue your having. In the collections database page, do you have any empty entries?

On 03/05/2017 at 6:23 PM, abetts said:

Thanks for the reply Mike. Yes, it's empty when they try to edit their items but is populated when adding a new one. Admin's and moderators don't have the problem, just normal members. 

If you edit those empty database entries, does it then display in the form? Was this a fresh install or an upgrade from IPB 3.4?

On 05/05/2017 at 6:13 PM, abetts said:

There aren't any empty entries in the database in the ACP. I'm on the latest IP software, always upgrade straight away and have been using your software for about a decade now! 

I'm going to need acp access to troubleshoot this further, please PM me. It sounds like something happen during upgrade if you've been using the IPB 3 version previously.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2017 at 9:39 AM, asigno said:

Have you tested collections on v4.2 yet? Wondering if it's safe to upgrade? Cheers

It looks like there may be a critical error due to the change to the like/reputation system. I would recommend holding off until I can release an update. (Most likely first thing next week)

• 2 weeks later...