Collections Support Topic

On 19 de agosto de 2016 at 7:39 PM, pequeno said:

I can reproduce this error in 2 cases:

1.- In the collections sections. In my case: https://www.website.com/forum/garage

If I click in "My Vehicles" (https://www.website.com/forum/garage/list-all/?filter=collections_filter_myitems) buttom.

2.- If I click in the "View all vehicles" link (https://www.clubpeugeot.es/foro/garage/list-all/) in the sidebar "Lastest vehicles" collections block. 

SOLVED in IPS 4.1.14.2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue where "Category Only" areas are allowing the adding of items directly to them. They also do not behave in the way one would expect for a category only; they do not open and list subcategories...instead, they open exactly the same as a category without the "Category Only" option selected. Has this been thoroughly tested and confirmed that it is working correctly in the latest version? If so, I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I run a fossil collecting community, so if we can get this application working for us, I suspect it will be a core part of the site for many years. Thanks for developing and maintaining this very useful looking little application. Both myself and the rest of the staff on my site are very excited about it.

-Cris

On 08/09/2016 at 6:39 PM, PaleoCris said:

I'm experiencing an issue where "Category Only" areas are allowing the adding of items directly to them. They also do not behave in the way one would expect for a category only; they do not open and list subcategories...instead, they open exactly the same as a category without the "Category Only" option selected. Has this been thoroughly tested and confirmed that it is working correctly in the latest version? If so, I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've confirmed the bug report you made and will include a fix for this in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some error:

The log entry was triggered by a guest

Guests
The URL of page the error occurred on was
UnexpectedValueException: Missing: /applications/garage/Application.php (0)
#0 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(121): IPS\_Application::constructFromData(Array)
#1 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('garage', NULL, NULL)
#2 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(136): IPS\_Application::load('garage')
#3 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->init()
#4 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#5 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#6 {main}

backtrace

#0 /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/init.php(505): IPS\_Log::log('UnexpectedValue...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#2 {main}

The URL of page the error occurred on was

Column 'id' in where clause is ambiguous
SELECT collections_items.*, author.* FROM `collections_items` LEFT JOIN `collections_cats` ON collections_items.cid=collections_cats.id LEFT JOIN `core_members` AS `author` ON author.member_id = collections_items.item_member_id WHERE ( id IN(3,4,5,6,9,10,11,12,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,27,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,89,91,92,93,94,95,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,111,117,122,123,124,125,126,127,128,129,130,131,132,133,134,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145,146,147,148,149,150,151,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,160,161,162,163,167,168,169,170,172,173,176,177,178,179,180,181,186,187) ) ORDER BY id ASC
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 393               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 346               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].runQuery                                                     | 408               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Db\_Select].rewind                                                       |                   |
 | /applications/core/extensions/core/Sitemap/Content.php                     | [IteratorIterator].rewind                                                     | 253               |
 | /system/Sitemap/Sitemap.php                                                | [IPS\core\extensions\core\Sitemap\_Content].generateSitemap                   | 103               |
 | /applications/core/tasks/sitemapgenerator.php                              | [IPS\_Sitemap].buildNextSitemap                                               | 36                |
 | /system/Task/Task.php                                                      | [IPS\core\tasks\_sitemapgenerator].execute                                    | 245               |
 | /system/Task/Task.php                                                      | [IPS\_Task].run                                                               | 214               |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Standard.php                                            | [IPS\_Task].runAndLog                                                         | 298               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard].__destruct                                         |                   |

BACKTRACE

#0 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Db/Exception.php(109): IPS\_Log::log('Column 'id' in ...', 'sql')
#1 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(393): IPS\Db\_Exception->__construct('Column 'id' in ...', 1052, NULL, 'SELECT collecti...', Array)
#2 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT collecti...', Array)
#3 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(408): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#5 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/Sitemap/Content.php(253): IteratorIterator->rewind()
#6 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Sitemap/Sitemap.php(103): IPS\core\extensions\core\Sitemap\_Content->generateSitemap('sitemap_content...', Object(IPS\Sitemap))
#7 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/applications/core/tasks/sitemapgenerator.php(36): IPS\_Sitemap->buildNextSitemap()
#8 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(245): IPS\core\tasks\_sitemapgenerator->execute()
#9 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(214): IPS\_Task->run()
#10 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(298): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#11 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#12 {main}

UnexpectedValueException

UnexpectedValueException: Missing: /applications/garage/Application.php (0)
#0 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(121): IPS\_Application::constructFromData(Array)
#1 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(236): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('garage', NULL, NULL)
#2 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(136): IPS\_Application::load('garage')
#3 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->init()
#4 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#5 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#6 {main}

backtrace

#0 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/init.php(505): IPS\_Log::log('UnexpectedValue...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#2 {main}

Edited by T-MIKE
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

General questions -- hope they're not redundant. I've purchased and initially imported in the data from my old site, a tractor registry.  But, it looks essentially like a flat-file database, and not relational at all. I need guidance on cleaning up that database and setting up structure/relationships.

1.  Must I use categories and subcategories to set up the relations?  e.g. Makes > Models   Or, can that be done via a separate table of makes and models like a true relational database? I'm having problems visualizing this is in the IPS GUI.

2.  Can I create an additional 3rd level, ie. a sub-subcategory?  I really need three levels:  Make > Series > Models

3.  How does this all relate to the ACP Setting of: "Enable database selection"   On input forms does that make that field a pick list?  

I'm familiar with using the Categories and Subcategories in Pages, since I have a different database of about 1500 records but it is using 3 levels, with about 140 total categories/subcategories. I've found it quite fragile in the IPS drag-and-drop GUI.  I've had records link to themselves twice due to moving categories around in that interface.  (I think there's been a change made to 4.1.18 that prevents that.)   But, I am not using anything like the "Enable database selection" in that implementation.  I'm using the Categories and Subcategories simply to organize and navigate -- and at the lowest level of the tree each record is a page of content.  It is essentially multi-page articles organized three levels deep.  

This Registry application is a different animal....and I really can't go much farther until I conceptually understand how it operates.

Edited by KentT
4 hours ago, KentT said:

1.  Must I use categories and subcategories to set up the relations?  e.g. Makes > Models   Or, can that be done via a separate table of makes and models like a true relational database? I'm having problems visualizing this is in the IPS GUI.

2.  Can I create an additional 3rd level, ie. a sub-subcategory?  I really need three levels:  Make > Series > Models

3.  How does this all relate to the ACP Setting of: "Enable database selection"   On input forms does that make that field a pick list?  

Having dug deeper into this, I am perhaps more confused.  I see where I can create tables for Makes and Models, in response to my first question.

But, how does this correspond  to categories and subcategories?  

Are the tables used to only populate the the pick lists? 

Is it possible to perhaps use a combination of categories and this make/model database to achieve the 3 levels that I need?

Edited by KentT
On 02/02/2017 at 8:25 AM, KentT said:

Makes/models are included specifically for previous users of the Garage app in IPB 3.4. Both apps were merged in IPB4, so I thought it was best to keep makes/models. But categories is where the actual sorting of items takes place. Categories support unlimited levels and would be primary for sorting your item into different areas. Makes and models are then just another level that are displayed across all categories.

If you still need further clarification, just let me know.

On 02/02/2017 at 8:25 AM, KentT said:

Changes the dropdown select to an input field where they actually enter the make or model.