Collections Support Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll confirm the bug report until tested myself.

On 29/12/2015 at 11:53 PM, claustrier said:

Also, when I edit some field values (dropdown and URL variants), save, and try to edit the unit again, the field values are reset.

Reset when viewing the edit page and your previous values or after saving the form?

Hi Michael, I've just filed a bug ticket. But commenting here in case you see it earlier as the bug is critical for me. It's stopping a lot of functionality on my board from working and is causing EX errors. I have tried disabling the app but it's still causing errors as detailed in the log I sent. Also I can't even uninstall the application without it throwing 

EX2 Something went wrong. Please try again.

On 16/1/2016 at 4:56 PM, asigno said:

Hi Michael, I've just filed a bug ticket. But commenting here in case you see it earlier as the bug is critical for me. It's stopping a lot of functionality on my board from working and is causing EX errors. I have tried disabling the app but it's still causing errors as detailed in the log I sent. Also I can't even uninstall the application without it throwing 

Could you please PM me your board details so II can take a look?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 4:49 AM, VR6Pete said:

One question and probably me but I cannot for the life of my locate the RSS feeds for newly added vehicles?

On the bottom right hand corner next to the "mark site read" link should be an rss icon that displays a list of your rss feeds in each app.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:31 AM, VR6Pete said:

Yes that's enabled but still no sign of the settings - do you know what the URL would be - I will validate I can load it ok

Should be collections/items.xml or in your case I believe garage/items.xml

Are you looking for the rss icon on the homepage or collections homepage?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Several requests for the future

1. Would it be possible to make the Collections searchable? 
  2. Allowing for multiple unrelated collections. Associate fields to individual collection or category
  3. While using make a models database also allow non DB user input in case vehicle is not in database
  4. This one is a long shot. Something like a VIN decoder.  User inputs VIN, and based on data in the database a year and model comes up. The admins will have to populate this DB

Thanks for all the hard work on this and other apps that i use ^_^

Spotted a problem on my forum.  When topic is posted after a Vehicle creation, it shows it as it came from guest on 31 Dec 1969

Screenshot 2016-04-05 01.23.08.png

I went to try to make changes to the Topic Posting settings and received this error after changing the Title and hitting Save

ErrorException: implode(): Invalid arguments passed (2)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'implode(): Inva...', '/home/skupper/w...', 104, Array)
#1 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/applications/collections/modules/admin/items/settings.php(104): implode(',', 3000)
#2 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\collections\modules\admin\items\_settings->manage()
#3 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/applications/collections/modules/admin/items/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\collections\modules\admin\items\_settings->execute()
#5 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

IPB 4.1.9

PHP 5.6

On 05/04/2016 at 3:42 PM, misfit76 said:
  • Would it be possible to make the Collections searchable? 
  • Allowing for multiple unrelated collections. Associate fields to individual collection or category
  • While using make a models database also allow non DB user input in case vehicle is not in database
  • This one is a long shot. Something like a VIN decoder.  User inputs VIN, and based on data in the database a year and model comes up. The admins will have to populate this DB
  1. Should be included in the IP.Board search at the top for items as well.
  2. Can you expand on this a bit more?
  3. Actually that should be possible with IP.Board 4 now, will check if the node field can accept an "other" option like that.
  4. I'd need to see a bit more demand for such a feature. But I'll keep it in mind.
On 05/04/2016 at 6:31 PM, misfit76 said:

I went to try to make changes to the Topic Posting settings and received this error after changing the Title and hitting Save

Can you make sure you have the latest patch from the last post of this bug report?

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you make sure you have the latest patch from the last post of this bug report?

Great. that worked

Should be included in the IP.Board search at the top for items as well.

I think the search is only within the title field. Was hoping to have other fields searchable also.  we have one for VIN. So, searching for that would be great.

Can you expand on this a bit more?

Since i am coming from the "Garage" app, we have vehicles for all the people.  It would be great if i can set up another collections, let's say for wheels only.  Everyone can just add wheels to a new collection

One more thing,  the URL for the thumbnails has a a double "/" 

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/uploads/garage_images//image_url-47701-1458359284_thumb.jpg

Is there a way to make it a single "/"?  It is not normally a problem, but when moving to Amazon S3, you get access denied as the images are stored as 

/garage_images/image_url-47701-1458359284_thumb.jpg

I see this also on the IPBs Nexus/Commerce app, i will be contacting them for this also.

steve k.