Collections Support Topic

This may be a silly question, but what does Marking an item do?

Even more strange is that I have "Can Mark" turned off in the permissions, yet my members keep asking what it does, so apparently they still see the option.

Am I missing something?

On 3/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, Averis said:

This may be a silly question, but what does Marking an item do?

It's a custom request added into the default build. Just a way for members to "mark" items in their own collection.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, Averis said:

Even more strange is that I have "Can Mark" turned off in the permissions, yet my members keep asking what it does, so apparently they still see the option.

Did you turn off both "Can mark items?" and "Can unmark items?". I've just checked and with those group permissions disables, it should remove the link.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Did you turn off both "Can mark items?" and "Can unmark items?". I've just checked and with those group permissions disables, it should remove the link.

Yup, I double-checked. Are those settings so they can mark other people's items or only their own?

On 4/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, Averis said:

Yup, I double-checked. Are those settings so they can mark other people's items or only their own?

Silly question but your logging in with the group you made the changes with? Perhaps have secondary groups that still have this enabled?

The permission is for all items regardless of ownership.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mike John said:

Silly question but your logging in with the group you made the changes with? Perhaps have secondary groups that still have this enabled?

The permission is for all items regardless of ownership.

I checked all group permissions, including administrator, and all of them have "can mark items" and "can unmark items" unchecked. It seems to hide these options from showing next to the "Manage" and "Report" buttons on the item pages, but we still see "Mark Item" on the top right above the item pages under the "Unread Content" and "Mark site read" links. I tested it on the default theme and I'm using 4.4.2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Averis said:

I checked all group permissions, including administrator, and all of them have "can mark items" and "can unmark items" unchecked. It seems to hide these options from showing next to the "Manage" and "Report" buttons on the item pages, but we still see "Mark Item" on the top right above the item pages under the "Unread Content" and "Mark site read" links. I tested it on the default theme and I'm using 4.4.2.

This is a bug, I've added a patch here for you.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:17 AM, haqzore said:

Is there a way to customize the wording for "Items" in member profiles?

The settings should cover 99% of the language but some locations were technically not possible. You'll need to modify some locations manually. For example the profile tab is "profile_collections_Collections".

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Thought I would share a couple of thoughts on Collections now that we've been installing/customizing it for the past few days.

Overall, great app. However, as with all apps, there are board-specific needs. I'll share these here. Hopefully, you can let me know if (a) I missed any (i.e. that they are there and that I was too thick to spot them) or (b) you might consider adding this to future releases.

Here goes.

1. Is there any way to have different extra fields per category?
  2. Is there any way to add some fields to the Collections landing page thumbnails?
  3. I would have like to use the landing page with both the thumbnails and then an add-on block with items (filtered) in a list format, ideally with pagination. That would allow us to have thumbnails of the latest or featured or whatever, and then a listing underneath for those who do not wish to go to the category listing on the right and drill down.
  4. It would be awesome to have the ability to create multiple review fields, not just the five stars of the item. Example: Rate the build quality. Rate the price value. Rate the xyz. Then the stars would cumulate both within the question and overall in the master star rating.
  5. Ideally, when someone reviews, they should be able to post their stars during the review process and to have those stars visible in their comment. That way others would know how you rated. It also helps to look up all the positive or negative reviews.
  6. Is there a Promote button somewhere that allows us to pick an item and have it appear in the Invision Our Picks section?

Again, thanks for a great app, just thought I would share our own little quirks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 1:03 AM, Giray said:
  1. Is there any way to have different extra fields per category?
  2. Is there any way to add some fields to the Collections landing page thumbnails?
  3. I would have like to use the landing page with both the thumbnails and then an add-on block with items (filtered) in a list format, ideally with pagination. That would allow us to have thumbnails of the latest or featured or whatever, and then a listing underneath for those who do not wish to go to the category listing on the right and drill down.
  4. It would be awesome to have the ability to create multiple review fields, not just the five stars of the item. Example: Rate the build quality. Rate the price value. Rate the xyz. Then the stars would cumulate both within the question and overall in the master star rating.
  5. Ideally, when someone reviews, they should be able to post their stars during the review process and to have those stars visible in their comment. That way others would know how you rated. It also helps to look up all the positive or negative reviews.
  6. Is there a Promote button somewhere that allows us to pick an item and have it appear in the Invision Our Picks section? 
  1. Not currently. I have saved this suggestion but the change is a bit more complex then my other apps because of the way tabs and fields interaction with each other.
  2. No but saved and will see what's possible in a future update.
  3. I don't really have any patches to adjust the landing page like that. But reproducing that affect on the "list all" page should be possible. So for example adding a widget at the top for featured vehicles and then normal list view with the rest.
    6riWWtw.png
  4. I'm using IPB's own internal review feature. So this would probably be something easier for IPS to implement in the reviews code. But I will look if there is something I can do on my end.
  5. As above.
  6. This is a bug I've noted and will be included in the next minor update.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 11:16 PM, Hugo_S4 said:

I have a technical problem with the proper functioning of the application. I sent you a private message with details and a screenshot. 
Could you have a look at it?  Message sent Saturday at 07:30 PM
Thank you and greetings 😉

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be caught up with personal messages soon.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:26 AM, Mike John said:
  1. This is a bug I've noted and will be included in the next minor update.

Hi. Any thoughts when you can include the missing 'Promote' fix? Still cannot promote items.

Thanks

P.S. Just saw about the medical... sincere best wishes!!!

Edited by Giray
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, MIXOH said:

@Mike John How should the application behave when an item is deleted? In my case, all records remain in the database, moreover, in all widgets including statistics, images and modifications are displayed. Only the topic of discussion is actually deleted

I assume your using the latest version? I do remember a bug fix to rebuild the widget cache. Do you have the "temporary delete" feature in IP.Board enabled?

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 9:28 AM, Giray said:

Hi there. I seem to be having an issue with approvals. My members' permissions show them as not able to auto-approve. And yet, when they post an item, it gets approved automatically.

What have you set for the category permissions?

Diui1qP.png

On 2/25/2020 at 8:26 PM, Giray said:

Do we agree that there are no tags in collections? It seems like such a natural marriage...

No there is full tag support, make sure you "enable tags" in the category settings?

On 2/27/2020 at 11:16 PM, Giray said:

I have them set to NOT auto approve on those member categories. See screen shot below.

PM sent with patch.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:16 PM, Giray said:

Also, regarding tag support, I do not see 'enable tags' in my categories. See screen shot below.

My apologies, I was thinking of another app. I've noted this as a "bug" so will be fixed in the next bug fixing update rather then new feature release.