Sign In Anonymously Never Worked?

GrooveOnBeat

• 2 weeks later...

There's no more indicator for being signed in anonymously in IPS4 I believe, so you'll see yourself as normal, whereas in IPB3.4 your name would be prefixed with an asterisk.

Or are you saying when viewing this site in an incognito tab (while signed out), you still see yourself on the member list?

On Sunday, October 04, 2015 8:31:14, Makoto said:

There's no more indicator for being signed in anonymously in IPS4 I believe, so you'll see yourself as normal, whereas in IPB3.4 your name would be prefixed with an asterisk.

Or are you saying when viewing this site in an incognito tab (while signed out), you still see yourself on the member list?

My log in name is not invisible. While logged in using browser A, I can see my logged in name as a guest using browser B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On October 8, 2015 at 5:40:46 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

My log in name is not invisible. While logged in using browser A, I can see my logged in name as a guest using browser B.

We have guest caching enabled at 5mins, so it would still show you in the list initially if you just switched from regular to anonymous. Anonymous sessions appear to be working fine here, but if you're still able to reproduce it keeping the guest cache in mind, please let us know. 

You will always see yourself in the member list by the way. 

• 6 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 7:30 PM, Lindy said:

We have guest caching enabled at 5mins, so it would still show you in the list initially if you just switched from regular to anonymous. Anonymous sessions appear to be working fine here, but if you're still able to reproduce it keeping the guest cache in mind, please let us know. 

You will always see yourself in the member list by the way. 

Ok, thanks Lindy. :smile:

Archived