Activity Stream - Allow End User to Pin Custom Stream to Navigation Bar(s)

Ocean West

It would be great if there was a checkbox to allow the end user to pin their ( one or more - ACP limited by permission or group ) custom menu to the second level (or - top level) navigation bar. 

In the current implementation the admin has forced the experience (in the case here - All Activity)- I would say my users may think it's just too much noise and it is the default for this site.

Once they customize their setting and choose it as a default or move it to the top of the list clicking the main Activity tab would execute their custom stream.

Unless admin's make make a stream (i.e. recreate the VNC) that best suits the community and moves it to the top level navigation all other implementations require multiple clicks or dig thru a sub menu - which could increase load to the site because the users first choice did not yield the desired results, forcing them to make yet another query.

Yes something like, they mark one as their favorite and it moves to a dedicated tab (or swaps with All Activity?) and creates a new icon on mobile.

Or enable save ability on default streams, per stream, and we could enable them to save one, that we have already put in a new tab.

I made similar suggestions here:

If they could save All Activity it may solve it but I think the idea is to not have them filter anything out and to always show everything by default. It's a good idea for discovery.

To be honest once you remove all of the alerts in admin, in condensed view, All Activity is a pretty good default stream. Hopefully we can define the default view state.

You know you can remove all this in admin. Then it is basically a VNC.

Streams_2015-08-31_aocay.thumb.png.2fc46

Archived