Issue with Smileys after conversion

SmackDaddy70

Moved from 3.4.x to 4.0.13.1 last week.  When in the editor, my smileys show:

55fc1027b6a89_Screenshot-9_18_20159_21_4

But I can't see all of them unless I go to the Categories and select the default group:

55fc102fd28f4_Screenshot-9_18_20159_21_5

And now all will show with the scroll bar:

55fc103049e16_Screenshot-9_18_20159_22_0

My question is --- how can I get them all to show (with scroll bar) by default -- the group name for the emoticons (as you can tell by the screenshots) is the exact same group:  "core_emoticon_group_default"  -- it just won't show all to begin with and I'd like the last screen to be how it shows when one clicks on the emoticon icon in the editor toolbar.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Jason

Not sure what you mean about the scroll bar, but you can set the name for the emoticon group by going to Customization > Editor > Emoticons. Then click the "pencil on a blank slate"-icon over at the right hand side. It'll say "Edit group name" when you mouse over it.

@TSP -- The scroll bar on the right side of the screen (see the grey scroll bar on the right of the third image in my original post?) -- if you will notice above -- the first pop-up is the "Default" group (we only have one group of emoticons on our forums)....and they all don't show to begin with -- only the first three lines of emoticons.  I have to actually click on the "Category" in the upper right, reselect the "Default" group and then all of the emoticons show (the third image in my original post) and now the scroll bar on the right allows me to see ALL of the emoticons.

I just want my users to be able to see all emoticons right from the start without having to click "Categories" and re-selecting the "Default" group of emoticons.  It's just extra button clicks my users shouldn't have to be able to do.

• 1 year later...

Looks like it is all hard coded in Javascript (including the 21 per on overview).  The selection button and category view are built when clicked so can't easily add javascript to template to force a click or hide display panels.

Unless it is changed in 4.2 you pretty much have to put 21 in several categories to have them all on default screen.  If you have lots of them that is certainly a pain and not sure if there is a limit on displayed categories...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, clearvision said:

Looks like it is all hard coded in Javascript (including the 21 per on overview).  The selection button and category view are built when clicked so can't easily add javascript to template to force a click or hide display panels.

Unless it is changed in 4.2 you pretty much have to put 21 in several categories to have them all on default screen.  If you have lots of them that is certainly a pain and not sure if there is a limit on displayed categories...

Thanks. I don't know why they would complicate an already good system.

• 1 month later...

Archived