Well done!

h-y-b-r-i-d

Ive been quite vocal about the what I feel about 4.0, what I think it is missing/bugs etc.

I decided to wait for a few more releases and wow, very impressed.

Loving the skin changes and the activity stream is super awesome!

Off to play with the other new stuff, and give the editor a test on mobile ;P

Well done!

• Management

You were vocal about your disdain for IPS4?? I hadn't noticed that! :)

Kidding aside, I don't think I can put into words just how great it is when someone takes the time to follow up with what amounts to "you got it right after all" - it rarely happens, so it's always appreciated. 

Thanks for your kind words and more importantly, your patience. We're not done yet by a longshot, but the progress made is tremendous. Happy tinkering!

For the first time in what 2 years I feel 4 is looking like what it was meant to be, innovative.

Some of the latest stuff and the things ive read now in the 4.1 post are just that, innovative. Steams is very cool, pages seems like its going to get some love and be easier (havent tried this release yet maybe it is better now) and things like drag and drop sitewide menus, notifications!!! and other bits are great. I havent checked it all out yet... Seems like you are truly listening and then some.

For the first time since it came out I can honestly say, im excited.

See, I'm not a total ass****, credit where credit is due. I feel my concerns were justified at the time and they are not all satisfied but to see the amount of 'progress' with this latest release is pretty enormous. Well done again, really.

Going to be a fun weekend.

• Management

We really do listen to feedback and apply it as much as we can :)

Sometimes people think us saying "Well why would you want that?" or "Doesn't this other approach make more sense?" is us being combative or dismissive. When really what we are trying to do is learn use cases and make sure that when we do make a change it's well thought out and understand. Simply adding a setting is never that simple so it takes time. You should hear our internal discussions that happen over what may seem to be simple things!

I am happy you are seeing things improving with each release. We are proud of everything being accomplished. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Lindy said:

You were vocal about your disdain for IPS4?? I hadn't noticed that! :)

Kidding aside, I don't think I can put into words just how great it is when someone takes the time to follow up with what amounts to "you got it right after all" - it rarely happens, so it's always appreciated. 

Thanks for your kind words and more importantly, your patience. We're not done yet by a longshot, but the progress made is tremendous. Happy tinkering!

Of course you know the naysayers will still have something to say because it isn't like Product X...which is true....IPS is better ;)

I have been mostly impressed myself with IPB4 as it is(aside from a few minor annoyances) and I am excited to see what 4.1 has brought us...especially since it has built-in live notifications now! :D

Archived