Simple Countdown Widget

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just want to give an update on v1.1 It's now in development and will be the next release, there will be no 1.0.4.

Some of note worthy changes that are coming to 1.1.x

• Change from plugin to an Application (I will provide a detailed guide on how to upgrade).
  • Multiple styles/templates for the countdown widget.
  • A clock widget, shows the time in any timezone you set.
  • Javascript polling for visual real time counting.
  • language string improvements. 

If you have any suggestions for 1.1.0 send them in.

A sneaky peak:

clock_widget.thumb.PNG.719150334b2a06b24

clock_widget2.thumb.PNG.13bc7c652681e8f2

1 hour ago, avstu said:

How?

I am starting to think I should have you on speed dial. Really appreciate all of your help!

i just check the widget and as it stands you can't do much in terms making the counter style change i going have deep look see if different route to allowing the counter to change.

Edited by Pete T
3 hours ago, Pete T said:

i just check the widget and as it stands you can't do much in terms making the counter style change i going have deep look see if different route to allowing the counter to change.

That is true with 1.0 of the widget it uses the core formatInterval that combines everything into a single string. In 1.1 I have a custom formatInterval that will allow this type of styling.

So 1.1 has changed plans it will stay as a plugin. I still have a couple things I want to add and do a clean up, A beta should be ready next week for anyone that wants to test it out send me a PM and I'll send you the beta file when it's ready.

Some progress pics.

widget.PNG.e395c560fa9729d8ba6bd4ba5c1cdedit.thumb.PNG.f736ae75933a7fdb70b4ac05f

Edited by Chris Riddell

Hello,

Today I'm announcing an updated Simple Countdown, version 1.1.0. In keeping with the name the widget is still very simple to setup and now offering a couple new settings, an updated code base and A new widget styling.

(Upgrading Note: you will need to reconfigure any Countdown widgets after upgrade.)
(Missing Feature Note: Due to a couple issues the javascript  live countdown will not be in 1.1.0)

Edited by Chris Riddell
15 hours ago, Chris Riddell said:

Hello,

Today I'm announcing an updated Simple Countdown, version 1.1.0. In keeping with the name the widget is still very simple to setup and now offering a couple new settings, an updated code base and A new widget styling.

(Upgrading Note: you will need to reconfigure any Countdown widgets after upgrade.)
(Missing Feature Note: Due to a couple issues the javascript  live countdown will not be in 1.1.0)

So this is only for 4.1

3 hours ago, Michael R said:

So this is only for 4.1

3 hours ago, ucjohn said:

only downside is if I upgrade to 4.1 and when they do "full release" I'm having to do full install all over again.. which I'm not ok with lol

Hi guys,

This plugin will work on 4.0.13 and 4.1. It will look a little different on 4.0.13 because of the css class I'm using to colour the boxes.

23 minutes ago, Michael R said:

I just installed it on 4.0 but did not see a way to control the color or formatting.

This is one thing that changed from the previews to the release of 1.1.0 there is the only one style, each time unit is wrapped in the css class ipsWidget_title. This is an oversight  and I'll address it in 1.1.1.

If you want to edit the template before i release 1.1.1 you can find it at core > global > plugins > Countdown.

Edited by Chris Riddell

Hello,

I'm announcing an update to Simple Countdown, version 1.1.1. This is a small maintenance release, see Simple Countdown on the marketplace for the changelog.

(Upgrading Note: because a new setting was added you will need to reconfigure any Countdown widgets after upgrade.)

• 4 weeks later...