crontab -d option?

Songstuff

Hi

I have just updated from 3.4 to 4.0.13 on a test board. Loads of changes, and boy is it slow for many features... anyway, a few things didn't go too well.

First thing I noticed was that bbcode wasn't parsed in most posts. I started a recache... which of course happens as the forums are used... unless I set up a cron job, with only myself and a couple of staff using the test board any actions like this are very, very slow. Impossibly so. So I looked to set up a cronjob.

Trouble is, the cronjob that I am given in admin contains two "-d" options:

-d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0

but crontab rejects this line saying that "-d" is an invalid option. Looking on the web I don't see this option documented anywhere.

What am I missing?

Cheers

John

-d isn't a crontab option. Its a php cli option. So the command line should be something like:

/usr/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0

-d means "change this php.ini section" so it's adding custom options for memory_limit and max_execution_time

You should be able to take the command line that IPB4 gives you and run it manually from your server command line to make sure everything is ok (it will usually just exit with no message straight away). Then you know the command line is ok and you can schedule a cronjpob with it.

1 hour ago, AutoItScript said:

-d isn't a crontab option. Its a php cli option. So the command line should be something like:

/usr/bin/php -d memory_limit=-1 -d max_execution_time=0

-d means "change this php.ini section" so it's adding custom options for memory_limit and max_execution_time

You should be able to take the command line that IPB4 gives you and run it manually from your server command line to make sure everything is ok (it will usually just exit with no message straight away). Then you know the command line is ok and you can schedule a cronjpob with it.

Many thanks AutoItScript. When I tried to add it with crontab, crontab rejected it, not recognising the -d switch, that was what prompted my post. I had just copied the crontab entry from invision admin... weird. the above section was after the cronjob timing, and before the key. Could the command line be missing parenthesis? ie should it be included within " "?

Archived