IPS 4.1 is extremely slow

querschlaeger

1 minute ago, Spendon Gavekort said:

Talking about pagespeed, would be awesome if we could get at least 90/100

I'm guessing resources are intentionally not compressed / optimized at this stage since this website is still in development preview (more or less), so I wouldn't take those results seriously right now.

36 minutes ago, Makoto said:

I'm guessing resources are intentionally not compressed / optimized at this stage since this website is still in development preview (more or less), so I wouldn't take those results seriously right now.

Well, 4.0.* has around 70/100, which is also not very good for phones.. and 63/100 on pc.

9 hours ago, Ralf Herrmann said:

It was just installed here to test everything on a live big board to find and address possible performance problems. The problems can then be fixed and tested again within the beta cycles before the final release. So its running its normal development course. No need to claim IPS is doing something wrong. 

If anyone would know about software deplyment would love that they are doing this.

Instead of testing in their closed group of testers they would open their own board so they can get the problems solved faster.

• 2 years later...

I just upgraded from 3.x to latest 4.x version.

My initial experience is that it is super slow and resource hungry compared with 3.x. Logging into admin panel took 30 seconds! wow. And memory usage for a single session is 400MB+.

Am I doing something wrong or is it how it works?

I am running it on a server with 8 cores and plenty of gigs of RAM. How does it suppose to be so slow?

Edit: After a few hours everything returned to normal. As other people specified below, it was the background tasks which were slowing down everything.

17 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Normally it takes less than a second. You should open a support ticket but beware, friday to sunday isn't the best time for support. So be patient.

I will try to resolve it myself first. It is a fresh upgrade, so some settings may be still wrong.

Quick thing to check... you said you "just" upgraded.

Are all the Background Tasks finished? On the ACP main page you can expand the box to show if there are any still running.

If there are a number of them still running, that can slow things down.

Once they have all finished, though, the problem should go away. If it does not, then yes please file a ticket to support.

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Quick thing to check... you said you "just" upgraded.

Are all the Background Tasks finished? On the ACP main page you can expand the box to show if there are any still running.

If there are a number of them still running, that can slow things down.

Once they have all finished, though, the problem should go away. If it does not, then yes please file a ticket to support.

Yes, this must be the reason. Now, after a few hours, I am checking my forum again and everything seems to be fast. The abnormal CPU usage and memory usage has also gone.

Thanks for your tip.

Archived