Go to first unread post in Activity Stream

Marius

Even better would be remove the blue dot and clicking the topic title automatically takes you to the first unread for logged in members. 

Why would you want to go to the first or last page when you're looking at unread content.

Makes no sense to me.

10 minutes ago, Marius said:

On mobile is a bit difficult to press the dot, but I apologize for wasting your time.

Please don't apologize at all, your feedback is important to us.. I also agree clicking the little dot on mobile is too difficult currently, hopefully we can find a solution though.

10 minutes ago, Cata said:

The blue dot is not easy to acces from mobile device.

Yes, it needs some work on mobile for this currently. 

13 minutes ago, daveoh said:

Even better would be remove the blue dot and clicking the topic title automatically takes you to the first unread for logged in members. 

Why would you want to go to the first or last page when you're looking at unread content.

Makes no sense to me.

The topic title goes to the newest post because that is the action that was made, the new post, and in expanded you actually see that post so it should of course go there and it does. In condensed it also goes to the newest because the behavior should not change just because the view was condensed but I do see your point. But just because the result was collapsed the action should not change imo. 

But I agree getting to first unread needs to be easier and clearer, even on main site. Most of my users don't know what that dot does even in 3.4 until I tell them.

I'm really happy though that topic titles don't take you to the first post!

The user should be directed to first unread post, not the last post, even when he press the title.
It's just a waste of time to roll back to see where begins unread content on any of the screens (mobile or desktop).

9 minutes ago, Rhett said:

Please don't apologize at all, your feedback is important to us..

I'm sorry, but I've noticed that lately any proposal is rejected from the beginning.
In future I will not post in this forum, because I feel like I just wasted your time and mine. 

• Management
1 hour ago, Marius said:

The user should be directed to first unread post, not the last post, even when he press the title.

Well no because sometimes the user wants first unread and sometimes the user wants the very first post. You need a way to allow the user to choose.

I would love to know why logged in users would want to go to the first page over being taken to the first unread.

If you miss the dot and click the title you have to go back to the previous page, zoom in more to press/click that dot, the amount of times I've had to do this on mobile is ridiculous.

A user wanting to go to page 1 could easily quickly tap the 1 in pagination.

1 click for a user wanting unread, 2 clicks for a user wanting page 1.

Also the dot means nothing to members, especially new forum users, you get a tooltip on desktop if you hovered over it, mobile users would never find this out. I've answered people myself on this very forum and showing them how to go to the first unread.

2 hours ago, Marius said:

I'm sorry, but I've noticed that lately any proposal is rejected from the beginning.
In future I will not post in this forum, because I feel like I just wasted your time and mine. 

You were on our preview site too, so I think you must realize how many changes have already been made based on user feedback :) Just because I (or any of us) personally disagree with any suggestion, doesn't make it useless or a waste of time.

Archived