SSO and amember

Hello,

I've sent in a support ticket outlining this in detail. However, it doesn't seem like the support staff really read my email so I'm posting it here. Hopefully I can get help faster here.

I have an elearning course and use amember to protect it. They offer a plugin to integrate invision 3.0 with amember for SSO. I had asked if that would work with the cloud version and saw in the forums that you can make SSO work with cloud. So I bought a cloud package and spent about a day customizing it. Then you guys transferred it do my domain. Now it seems it doesn't work with SSO (or at least not the amember plugin I already bought). The guy on your support staff said I'd need to pay $550 to have SSO developed, but he wasn't even sure it would work with cloud.

I don't know now if I just need the hosted version. Then I could run it on my own server with the amember plugin.  However, I know this from buying one of your competitors products that sometimes the hosted and the cloud version of software like yours isn't always the same.  So is yours? I wasted $300 doing this with your competitor and the cloud and hosted were completely different.

So is the only way to get SSO to work with amember to buy hosted or can this work with cloud?  If I have to buy the hosted package is it going to be as nice as the cloud version?  Can I get help setting it up and transfer over all the work I just did on the cloud forum? Very confused and wish all this could be outlined better on the site. The cloud version looks great so I'm pretty disappointed now and feel like I wasted a lot of time if it doesn't support SSO.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I've seen your ticket, as my colleague stated it depends how their SSO works, that is something you would need to ask the developers of the SSO.

Our Hosted and Self-Hosted software is identical.

I will also note that your hosted installation is version 4.0, an SSO add-on for version 3.4 is not compatible with 4.0.

Thanks,

The amember staff are OK upgrading their SSO plugin to your latest hosted version.

Do you have a trial hosted version? I would really like to install it and then make sure the amember SSO works with it, otherwise I would probably just go with your cloud version. I do have a ticket out with your sales team to find out if they can customize your forum software and amember SSO. I just don't know if they can do that since the cloud is hosted elsewhere.

I sure hope this can work out. I've spent months trying to find a simple solution for a community to add to my elearning course.

Archived