EX1054 on Members after upgrade to 4.0.13.1

GaryJames

After resolving a number of problems over the last few weeks and banging my head against a brick wall on more than one occasion, I have finally managed to upgrade my forum to the latest version of IPS 4.

Unfortunately all is not as it should be......... Now when I click on members I receive the following error:-

A configuration or server error has occurred.

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Can someone please help before I resort to throwing my laptop out of the window!!!!!!!!!

Gary.

Check your error logs located in the uploads/logs-folder. I believe you can also find these error logs if you search for error logs in the AdminCP-search.

That will give you the complete error and make it easier for us to help. Either way it may be best to also file a support ticket about it.

This is the error as reported the error logs:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fri, 11 Sep 2015 06:19:20 +0000 (Severity: 2)
my-ip-address - http://mydomain/forum/admin/?adsess=km18fmqu6n9urmrl31l9eh2rs5&app=core&module=members&controller=members
IPS\Db\Exception
1054: Unknown column 'field_11' in 'field list'
#0 /var/www/web/forum/system/Db/Select.php(334): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT *, v.vid...', Array)
#1 /var/www/web/forum/system/Db/Select.php(390): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/web/forum/system/Db/Select.php(317): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/web/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(278): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/web/forum/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(424): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(NULL)
#5 /var/www/web/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(392): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /var/www/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->manage()
#7 /var/www/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/web/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope someone can help.

Gary.

So we are back to square one, I received this message from support in response to my ticket?

Hello,

To ensure that all customers receive fair and comparable support, I'm afraid we are unable to provide support for test or development installations via the client area. If, however, the issue persists with your live / production installation, please do let us know and we will be happy to investigate further. Alternatively, there are development support resources available at http://community.invisionpower.com

I am sorry we're unable to be of more assistance at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen
Invision Power Services, Inc.

I thought it would  have been in everyone's interest  to find the problem so that these types of bugs can be resolved in further releases.

As I am not prepared to upgrade a perfectly good working application for one that has been released with so many problems, I feel that I am being penalised for working with a test site.

What difference does it make when we are all trying to working towards the same goal.............

If anyone can help me with this problem I would be eternally grateful.

Gary.

Archived