Invite System

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Adriano Faria - I've installed the app but am having a couple of problems:

1) The invitation tab has not been added to the Account Settings screen. NB When I create a new invite from the Create+ menu (which seems to work as intended), it takes me to the settings page which displays as below (replacing the Overview tab), but I am unable to access this any other way

1143034457_Screenshot2018-10-16at21_50_07.thumb.png.03c8df2b612e506a9cd6b31bc4436e6a.png

2) The invite icon has not been added to the user bar

3) The invitation code is showing up on the wrong place in the registration screen (I saw that you made a recent fix for this and can confirm that I'm running the latest version).

851455802_Screenshot2018-10-16at22_00_20.thumb.png.d72f94f8022dc2e7f301254899c7a8f1.png

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. There does not appear to be anything in the ACP System or Error logs related to this.

Please can you suggest what the problem is?

Thanks, Andy

Edited by Andy_M
7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

For both issues, choose which user groups can use the app in its settings.

Things will appear.

Thanks @Adriano Faria! Quite right - I disabled and re-enabled the permissions and the first 2 are working fine now. Any idea on the registration form field position, or is that expected behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am currently using your registration system and it is very good.

But since I do social media campaigns, could you create invitations with various uses in the future?

1 code = 50 user accounts to create and then code exhausted.

Being able to establish the number of uses for that code manually.

Thanks for your time,
A follower

Edited by User2016
On 10/31/2018 at 6:40 AM, User2016 said:

But since I do social media campaigns, could you create invitations with various uses in the future?

1 code = 50 user accounts to create and then code exhausted.

Being able to establish the number of uses for that code manually.

Hi there, I can take a look.

So one invitation code would allow X registrations tied to it? What about the campaign itself? Name? Description? Can you telll more about it?

• 1 month later...

Hey @Adriano Faria is it possible to get the user to generate a code on their account without sending the email? I purchased your plugin from your website a few months back and one of my clients is having ddos attacks due to the smtp server information. I was wondering if it is possible to stop the sending of the emails and just have it where the person generating the invite can see the code

I don't know - I haven't come across that key yet in practice; I just noticed this when I was editing a different key in Invites.  The dasdasf etc. was the default value so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.  So far it doesn't affect any operations.

ALthough perhaps I should ask what this is meant to display so I could add something..?

Edited by liquidfractal
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've bought a similar addon before but it lacks of 2 important features that I want:

1. (Very Important) Invitation code to be used just once (to allow just one registration), to avoid link sharing.
  2. (Semi important) Email address to be blocked during registration to the email address where the invitation has been sent.

Does this script supports any of them?

Thank you

Chris

It does what I wanted and it does it well. The only missing feature of my other similar addon is that I was expecting when a visitor, who has not come there clicking an invitation link, clicks to Register instead to see the Reg form, to see a message "Sorry this site works only with invitations. Not so important as he can't really register if he hasn't a code, but useful.

Is there any simple way to do it?

Thank you

Chris

23 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

It does what I wanted and it does it well. The only missing feature of my other similar addon is that I was expecting when a visitor, who has not come there clicking an invitation link, clicks to Register instead to see the Reg form, to see a message "Sorry this site works only with invitations. Not so important as he can't really register if he hasn't a code, but useful.

Is there any simple way to do it?

Thank you

Chris

Disable the setting that makes the invitation code required then anyone can create the account without without being invited. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Disable the setting that makes the invitation code required then anyone can create the account without without being invited. 

No. This is not what I want. I want registrations available only to people who have been invited.

For the other people, I wanted to see a message "Sorry this site works only with invitations".

So how canI know that someone browsing the form has an invitation code or not? If the user clicks in the email link, he comes to the board with the invitation code filled. But he can also simply not click and comes to the form and will have to paste the code from the email. So I won’t expect the user to do something that he cannot do. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

So how canI know that someone browsing the form has an invitation code or not? If the user clicks in the email link, he comes to the board with the invitation code filled. But he can also simply not click and comes to the form and will have to paste the code from the email. So I won’t expect the user to do something that he cannot do. 

First of all, I wrote that this is something special. I don't blame your work. Is very good, in all addons that I bought from you.

But yes for me, if I had the choice, I had to allow registrations only by using the direct link that exists in the email. Finally (including me), in such cases, most people use the direct link than copy/paste the code.