First letter in caps in topic title

jfmakis

I am sure it would have been discussed but couldn't find it via the search, however would anyone please be able to assist with a fix for converting "First letter in caps in topic title" to this "First Letter In Caps In Topic Title" It stops shouting and additionally allows continuity on the forum. Many thanks in advance.

You can do it with CSS, you would have to edit your skin, adding the following to the class of the div you want to do it with:

text-transform: capitalize;

This will capitalize the first letter in every word for you as per you example.

Appreciate your effort but could you please be more specific.

Is this placed in custom.css ?

Sorry to ask but some of us are amateurs.

Appreciate your effort but could you please be more specific.

Is this placed in custom.css ?

Sorry to ask but some of us are amateurs.

It could be, it really depends on the skin you are using so it is hard to be completely specific. Assuming you are using a default skin then the Forum titles class, at least on my website are "ipsDataItem_title". As long as that is the correct css class for that on your forum and there isn't already a text-transform used, then you could put the following in your custom.css. On my forum that works fine. If it doesn't work, I would need to actually look at your forum.

.ipsDataItem_title {
}

Tip: Depending on what web browser you are using, there are tools to help you identify what css is used and you can make real time temporary changes to see if they work. If you use Chrome (More Tools -> Developer) or Firefox (Firebug), those items let you highlight elements on your webpage to see the various css elements.

I am sure it would have been discussed but couldn't find it via the search, however would anyone please be able to assist with a fix for converting "First letter in caps in topic title" to this "First Letter In Caps In Topic Title" It stops shouting and additionally allows continuity on the forum. Many thanks in advance.

You can do it with CSS, you would have to edit your skin, adding the following to the class of the div you want to do it with:

This will capitalize the first letter in every word for you as per you example.

But he is also trying to stop shouting... so it also needs to look like that after FIRST LETTER IN CAPS... 

Archived