Bulk PM and Notification

ipsrocks

• 4 weeks later...

So, I want to be clear. With this I can send either bulk PMs to members or send them a notification that says "Don't forget about the new contest here" with like a link to the forum/thread that the content is in in their notifications section?

I need to be clear because the latter is more what I would want then the former.

2 hours ago, Morrigan said:

So, I want to be clear. With this I can send either bulk PMs to members or send them a notification that says "Don't forget about the new contest here" with like a link to the forum/thread that the content is in in their notifications section?

I need to be clear because the latter is more what I would want then the former.

Yes:)

I'll set up a demo where you'll be able to test the notification feature:) 

Hey @ipsrocks There is a bug (2 actually) with Bulk Notifications.

There is a missing Language string: ds_notification_url

I believe that is supposed to be a link URL for the notification if you want to to go somewhere specific.

When you send a mass notification it's not linking it to anyone. I both tried my own account and another account. See here:

notifications.thumb.PNG.4d57676d6b838fcd

Thank you for functionality that I've been waiting for for forever!

A feature suggestion would be to be able to "Resend" Bulk notifications. Since you currently have it to where it saves the notifications having like a "reload" thing next to the delete button where it resends the same message again if you press it (and preferably confirm it to prevent resending of the wrong notification!)!

• 2 weeks later...

@ipsrocks On 4.1 the Notification is working better but you cannot leave the "Sender" blank. So the bug I provided above is half working now. You just need to make sure that "If blank use current user" is done. I believe it is leaving that blank on the server side. When looking it is missing this part here at the end of the "Notification" code:

, "sender":298

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried playing around with various settings, but whether I choose notification or conversation, or whether I specify the sender or not, I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49 bytes) in /home/[redacted]/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php on line 207

Archived