Facebook connect enhancement

BomAleold

Hello, I would put a question to the attention perhaps already discussed in many other places... (from IP.Board 3.4.8, i don't know if also for 4.0)

When user proceeds to a login with facebook there are 2 steps:

1. Connect to facebook (for get some data, email and other permissions).

2. Create or Login to a account on site.

After first step some user ignore step two avoid fill some other data and choose to login with login with exist or create new account.

The field such as display name are not filled, I would incite the staff to force autofill the display name to egual at user name... because now this is not possible without edit on source of code:

/* From reg, so create new account properly */
$toSave = array( 'core' 		 => array(  'name' 				     => IPSText::parseCleanValue( $safeFBName ),
								 		    'members_display_name'   => FALSE, // Enforce a partial member here so users are presented with the option to link with an account on sign-in. We'll take care of enforced names later.
								 		    'members_created_remote' => 1,
								 		    'member_group_id'		 => ( $this->settings['fbc_mgid'] ) ? $this->settings['fbc_mgid'] : $this->settings['member_group'],
										    'email'                  => $_userData['email'],
										    'fb_uid'                 => $_userData['id'],
										    'time_offset'            => $_userData['timezone'],
											'members_auto_dst'		 => 1,
										    'fb_token'               => $rToken ),
				'extendedProfile' => array( 'pp_about_me'            => IPSText::getTextClass( 'bbcode' )->stripBadWords( IPSText::convertCharsets( $_userData['about'], 'utf-8', IPS_DOC_CHAR_SET ) ),
											'fb_bwoptions'    		 => $fb_bwoptions ) );

$memberData = IPSMember::create( $toSave, FALSE, FALSE, TRUE );
'members_display_name'   => FALSE, // Enforce a partial member here so users are presented with the option to link with an account on sign-in. We'll take care of enforced names later.

this bit must be

'members_display_name'   => ( $this->settings['fb_realname'] == 'enforced' ) ? $safeFBName : FALSE;

$displayName=$safeFBName

Please staff get a look into this, thanks for any other feedback :thumbsup:

Archived